Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Micro Penny Stocks, Penny Stocks $0.10 & Under » QBID XXXVI: FAN of QBID? (Page 58)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 69 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  67  68  69   
Author Topic: QBID XXXVI: FAN of QBID?
Jennifercd10
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifercd10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my info from the questions I posed to Verizon Investor Relations 2 days ago.

--------------------
Your greatest investment is into a peaceful heart.

Posts: 699 | From: Tampa, Fl. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottomliner
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottomliner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifercd10:
I got my info from the questions I posed to Verizon Investor Relations 2 days ago.

Hi Jenn
Help me remember ... did Frank or Lloyd do the Verizon deal?

--------------------
Everything I say is only my opinion ... right or wrong.

Posts: 2152 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dew-it
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dew-it         Edit/Delete Post 
What is going on? We have only traded 14M in two hours. That is less than most posters here own. MAYBE the unsubstaniated rumors (not sure if internal or external) of ongoing financial investigations is true. I guess it would make sense for Lloyd not to be dumping/buying while financial investigation/accounting is in process???

volume is 14.8M
0X.0000
15X.00001

Posts: 1124 | From: DC/VA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dew-it
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dew-it         Edit/Delete Post 
Frankie the Fraudster lined up the Verizon deal...
Posts: 1124 | From: DC/VA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dew-it:
What is going on? We have only traded 14M in two hours. That is less than most posters here own. MAYBE the unsubstaniated rumors (not sure if internal or external) of ongoing financial investigations is true. I guess it would make sense for Lloyd not to be dumping/buying while financial investigation/accounting is in process???

volume is 14.8M
0X.0000
15X.00001

Dew, I would imagine it is either that (hopefully) or if nothing else we have FINALLY run out of people silly enough to keep throwing money in! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifercd10
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifercd10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bottomliner:
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifercd10:
I got my info from the questions I posed to Verizon Investor Relations 2 days ago.

Hi Jenn
Help me remember ... did Frank or Lloyd do the Verizon deal?

Hi Bottomliner... Carol did

--------------------
Your greatest investment is into a peaceful heart.

Posts: 699 | From: Tampa, Fl. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is truly amazing. Something must be up. I won't speculate as to good or bad, but if the trades that have happened are below .0001 then we have watched a grand total of about $1000 worth trade hands all day today!

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by imakmony2005:
YA,mjm is back!!!!!!!!

ha, glad to see some excitement.

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You still in jail over there? Geez, want me to send you some smokes or something? Are you at least getting congegal visits?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by imakmony2005:
YA,mjm is back!!!!!!!!

ha, glad to see some excitement.

Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
LOL U both...enjoyed the day off and the board

Who are you?

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He ain't telling. Yet another cloak and dagger poster

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
LOL U both...enjoyed the day off and the board

Who are you?

Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
Ok folks. I'm gonna say this again (maybe not on this board)....

Logo is backed by a huge company with lotso money. They are free if you get more than basic cable, so of course, just like MTV or A&E or TNT, you are GOING TO HAVE COMMERCIALS....AD REVENUE IS CRITICAL....

But some of you are forgetting....QTN is a PAID subscription....WHO IS GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO A NETWORK THAT RUNS COMMERCIALS? Especially if they start relying on AD REVENUE? It doesn't make sense to me. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP HBO OR SHOTIME OR CINIMAX if they ran commerciales every 8 or 10 minutes like they do on network TV? (time frame is merely a guess).

I sure as HELL WOULD NOT!!!

Q has to find another way to generate revenues or become a free network. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
Brahma
Maybe I misunderstood your original comment. I "thought" you said QTN was better than LOGO, and I was hoping that is true. Sorry if I got that wrong.

I believe the success of either network will depend on creative and original programming that both interests and supports the GLBT communities.

Oh, by the way ... I won't probe into your personal life by "guessing" about your job with the government. Just tell Laura and the girls I said HI, and please try to get our troops home by Christmas. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
quote:

Hope I did that correctly. Anyway, I checked out LOGO on my Direct TV. Their format seems to be any show with a connection to GLBT context, but little original content. Actually, what little I've watched of the programing there was NO original content that I seen. What the channel does have though is advertising you would seen on any channel. Which brings me back to the point, what advertising is on QTV?

Hagatha, that's arguable. Although I pay a premium for HBO, it's due to content as well as its lack of ads.

I mean, c'mon--- Where else are you going to find shows like Entourage and the Sopranos? What channels offers movies that quickly (right after On Demand).

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
Ok folks. I'm gonna say this again (maybe not on this board)....

Logo is backed by a huge company with lotso money. They are free if you get more than basic cable, so of course, just like MTV or A&E or TNT, you are GOING TO HAVE COMMERCIALS....AD REVENUE IS CRITICAL....

But some of you are forgetting....QTN is a PAID subscription....WHO IS GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO A NETWORK THAT RUNS COMMERCIALS? Especially if they start relying on AD REVENUE? It doesn't make sense to me. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP HBO OR SHOTIME OR CINIMAX if they ran commerciales every 8 or 10 minutes like they do on network TV? (time frame is merely a guess).

I sure as HELL WOULD NOT!!!

Q has to find another way to generate revenues or become a free network. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
Brahma
Maybe I misunderstood your original comment. I "thought" you said QTN was better than LOGO, and I was hoping that is true. Sorry if I got that wrong.

I believe the success of either network will depend on creative and original programming that both interests and supports the GLBT communities.

Oh, by the way ... I won't probe into your personal life by "guessing" about your job with the government. Just tell Laura and the girls I said HI, and please try to get our troops home by Christmas. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
quote:

Hope I did that correctly. Anyway, I checked out LOGO on my Direct TV. Their format seems to be any show with a connection to GLBT context, but little original content. Actually, what little I've watched of the programing there was NO original content that I seen. What the channel does have though is advertising you would seen on any channel. Which brings me back to the point, what advertising is on QTV?

Hagatha, that's arguable. Although I pay a premium for HBO, it's due to content as well as its lack of ads.

I mean, c'mon--- Where else are you going to find shows like Entourage and the Sopranos? What channels offers movies that quickly (right after On Demand).


Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

[edited down]

One thing about the GLBT market, it is very supportive of itself. If we are in enough areas and if the content is good enough, there will be a certain number of subscribers even with ads.
If that would be enough to go positive on the cash flow, that I couldn't tell ya!

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could very well be right, if the CONTENT is good enough to tolerate ads.

Love your sig by the way.
[Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

[edited down]

One thing about the GLBT market, it is very supportive of itself. If we are in enough areas and if the content is good enough, there will be a certain number of subscribers even with ads.
If that would be enough to go positive on the cash flow, that I couldn't tell ya!


Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS

Ok, who's the rat bastage that dumped all over my member ratings?

quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
You could very well be right, if the CONTENT is good enough to tolerate ads.

Love your sig by the way.
[Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

[edited down]

One thing about the GLBT market, it is very supportive of itself. If we are in enough areas and if the content is good enough, there will be a certain number of subscribers even with ads.
If that would be enough to go positive on the cash flow, that I couldn't tell ya!



Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
You still in jail over there? Geez, want me to send you some smokes or something? Are you at least getting congegal visits?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by imakmony2005:
YA,mjm is back!!!!!!!!

ha, glad to see some excitement.

Yeah, I'm still in jail. I told Matt I was going to start a new IHub...ahahahha. I may end up doing that.

I'd appreciate help in getting out of jail though.

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll talk to the warden for ya.


quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
You still in jail over there? Geez, want me to send you some smokes or something? Are you at least getting congegal visits?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by imakmony2005:
YA,mjm is back!!!!!!!!

ha, glad to see some excitement.

Yeah, I'm still in jail. I told Matt I was going to start a new IHub...ahahahha. I may end up doing that.

I'd appreciate help in getting out of jail though.


Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
Ok folks. I'm gonna say this again (maybe not on this board)....

Logo is backed by a huge company with lotso money. They are free if you get more than basic cable, so of course, just like MTV or A&E or TNT, you are GOING TO HAVE COMMERCIALS....AD REVENUE IS CRITICAL....

But some of you are forgetting....QTN is a PAID subscription....WHO IS GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO A NETWORK THAT RUNS COMMERCIALS? Especially if they start relying on AD REVENUE? It doesn't make sense to me. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP HBO OR SHOTIME OR CINIMAX if they ran commerciales every 8 or 10 minutes like they do on network TV? (time frame is merely a guess).

I sure as HELL WOULD NOT!!!

Q has to find another way to generate revenues or become a free network. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
Brahma
Maybe I misunderstood your original comment. I "thought" you said QTN was better than LOGO, and I was hoping that is true. Sorry if I got that wrong.

I believe the success of either network will depend on creative and original programming that both interests and supports the GLBT communities.

Oh, by the way ... I won't probe into your personal life by "guessing" about your job with the government. Just tell Laura and the girls I said HI, and please try to get our troops home by Christmas. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
quote:

Hope I did that correctly. Anyway, I checked out LOGO on my Direct TV. Their format seems to be any show with a connection to GLBT context, but little original content. Actually, what little I've watched of the programing there was NO original content that I seen. What the channel does have though is advertising you would seen on any channel. Which brings me back to the point, what advertising is on QTV?

Hagatha, that's arguable. Although I pay a premium for HBO, it's due to content as well as its lack of ads.

I mean, c'mon--- Where else are you going to find shows like Entourage and the Sopranos? What channels offers movies that quickly (right after On Demand).


Yeah, well... right now I don't think I'd pay for QTN period. They need to make some serious changes... but they're at least moving in the right direction.

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
PS

Ok, who's the rat bastage that dumped all over my member ratings?

quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
You could very well be right, if the CONTENT is good enough to tolerate ads.

Love your sig by the way.
[Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

[edited down]

One thing about the GLBT market, it is very supportive of itself. If we are in enough areas and if the content is good enough, there will be a certain number of subscribers even with ads.
If that would be enough to go positive on the cash flow, that I couldn't tell ya!



[Mad] It was I...I gave you 5 [Big Grin]

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you heard about the internet thing? I think it's vcd.com

11.99 a month for tv on the internet. Q being one of the channels right now. Lots of investors have signed up just to see what it's like. Reviews haven't been too bad so far, but definitely could use some improvement

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
Ok folks. I'm gonna say this again (maybe not on this board)....

Logo is backed by a huge company with lotso money. They are free if you get more than basic cable, so of course, just like MTV or A&E or TNT, you are GOING TO HAVE COMMERCIALS....AD REVENUE IS CRITICAL....

But some of you are forgetting....QTN is a PAID subscription....WHO IS GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO A NETWORK THAT RUNS COMMERCIALS? Especially if they start relying on AD REVENUE? It doesn't make sense to me. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP HBO OR SHOTIME OR CINIMAX if they ran commerciales every 8 or 10 minutes like they do on network TV? (time frame is merely a guess).

I sure as HELL WOULD NOT!!!

Q has to find another way to generate revenues or become a free network. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
Brahma
Maybe I misunderstood your original comment. I "thought" you said QTN was better than LOGO, and I was hoping that is true. Sorry if I got that wrong.

I believe the success of either network will depend on creative and original programming that both interests and supports the GLBT communities.

Oh, by the way ... I won't probe into your personal life by "guessing" about your job with the government. Just tell Laura and the girls I said HI, and please try to get our troops home by Christmas. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
quote:

Hope I did that correctly. Anyway, I checked out LOGO on my Direct TV. Their format seems to be any show with a connection to GLBT context, but little original content. Actually, what little I've watched of the programing there was NO original content that I seen. What the channel does have though is advertising you would seen on any channel. Which brings me back to the point, what advertising is on QTV?

Hagatha, that's arguable. Although I pay a premium for HBO, it's due to content as well as its lack of ads.

I mean, c'mon--- Where else are you going to find shows like Entourage and the Sopranos? What channels offers movies that quickly (right after On Demand).


Yeah, well... right now I don't think I'd pay for QTN period. They need to make some serious changes... but they're at least moving in the right direction.

Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
PS

Ok, who's the rat bastage that dumped all over my member ratings?

quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
You could very well be right, if the CONTENT is good enough to tolerate ads.

Love your sig by the way.
[Big Grin]
quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

[edited down]

One thing about the GLBT market, it is very supportive of itself. If we are in enough areas and if the content is good enough, there will be a certain number of subscribers even with ads.
If that would be enough to go positive on the cash flow, that I couldn't tell ya!



[Mad] It was I...I gave you 5 [Big Grin]
In that case I will definitely talk to the warden
Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Thanks Hagatha. Apparently at my current net worth I am still just classified as "wierd".

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
LOL Thanks Hagatha. Apparently at my current net worth I am still just classified as "wierd".

[Razz] I guess that's right above "a little off"
Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
Have you heard about the internet thing? I think it's vcd.com

11.99 a month for tv on the internet. Q being one of the channels right now. Lots of investors have signed up just to see what it's like. Reviews haven't been too bad so far, but definitely could use some improvement

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
I think that was my point? You pay a premium for HBO for content as well as NO ADS. Are you going to pay a premium for QTN if it is loaded with commercials, regardless of content?

quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by hagatha:
Ok folks. I'm gonna say this again (maybe not on this board)....

Logo is backed by a huge company with lotso money. They are free if you get more than basic cable, so of course, just like MTV or A&E or TNT, you are GOING TO HAVE COMMERCIALS....AD REVENUE IS CRITICAL....

But some of you are forgetting....QTN is a PAID subscription....WHO IS GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO A NETWORK THAT RUNS COMMERCIALS? Especially if they start relying on AD REVENUE? It doesn't make sense to me. WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP HBO OR SHOTIME OR CINIMAX if they ran commerciales every 8 or 10 minutes like they do on network TV? (time frame is merely a guess).

I sure as HELL WOULD NOT!!!

Q has to find another way to generate revenues or become a free network. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

quote:
Originally posted by Brahma:
Brahma
Maybe I misunderstood your original comment. I "thought" you said QTN was better than LOGO, and I was hoping that is true. Sorry if I got that wrong.

I believe the success of either network will depend on creative and original programming that both interests and supports the GLBT communities.

Oh, by the way ... I won't probe into your personal life by "guessing" about your job with the government. Just tell Laura and the girls I said HI, and please try to get our troops home by Christmas. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
quote:

Hope I did that correctly. Anyway, I checked out LOGO on my Direct TV. Their format seems to be any show with a connection to GLBT context, but little original content. Actually, what little I've watched of the programing there was NO original content that I seen. What the channel does have though is advertising you would seen on any channel. Which brings me back to the point, what advertising is on QTV?

Hagatha, that's arguable. Although I pay a premium for HBO, it's due to content as well as its lack of ads.

I mean, c'mon--- Where else are you going to find shows like Entourage and the Sopranos? What channels offers movies that quickly (right after On Demand).


Yeah, well... right now I don't think I'd pay for QTN period. They need to make some serious changes... but they're at least moving in the right direction.

I saw it. I just watched the preview channel for about 5 minutes. I may subscribe, but if I do it will probably be over the summer.

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King Crimson
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Crimson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ad astra:
Yes, I believe Frank is gone.

state of washington disagrees. however, in all fairness, william at wa sos says that the filing to change corporate officers could take a while to post. even a month or so. reasons for not filing can't be financial--costs $10, $20 if you expedite and be posted in a couple days.

good luck all. as of 5 minutes ago....


...no change of any corp officers....

...No new amendments....


wa sos....(360) 753-7115 (option 5)

tmm ubi 601 047 757

05/08/51 Date of Incorporation
08/24/04 amendment a/s + to 50b
07/25/05 license renewed (due 5/31/05)
11/07/05 amendment a/s + to 60b
12/19/05 amendment a/s + to 100b
02/07/06 amendment a/s + to 350b

frank olsen, pres/chairman of board
rene schenk, sec/tres


qtn ubi 602 391 767

qtn corp status:
5/03/04 --Date of Incorporation a/s 75k
6/1/04 to 5/31/05 --active
6/1/05 to 8/31/05 --inactive
9/1/05 to 9/07/05 --dissolved
9/08/05 --reinstated
9/8/05 to present --active

frank olsen, pres/chairman of board
joseph morales, vice pres
marian sherman, director
rene schenk, sec/director

Posts: 702 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure about Washington, but in GA that doesn't have to be updated right away. That could sit until they have to renew next year.
Hopefully they are just waiting to name the rest of the board before they update it.

But it sure would help investor confidence if they would go ahead and update what they have now.

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that they have a history of being overly concerned about us [Frown]

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deg's wife
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deg's wife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know...if Q would go to a regular channel with commercials, infomercials, etc...think of the $$ they could bring in. I remember the Burger King commercial that was airing on the major channels..talk about a few 'fruitcakes'. I laughed my butt off...I was just thinking tho..if I had a down day or just a rotten day...I could turn on the 'Q' and turn my frown upside down by watching the commercials [Big Grin]
I can be ignored...doing some outward thinking, that's all
GLTA

Posts: 455 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ad astra
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ad astra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deg's wife:
Ya know...if Q would go to a regular channel with commercials, infomercials, etc...think of the $$ they could bring in. I remember the Burger King commercial that was airing on the major channels..talk about a few 'fruitcakes'. I laughed my butt off...I was just thinking tho..if I had a down day or just a rotten day...I could turn on the 'Q' and turn my frown upside down by watching the commercials [Big Grin]
I can be ignored...doing some outward thinking, that's all
GLTA

OT: I dunno about you...but that Burger King guy really freaks me out. Im mean, really, really freaks me out.
Posts: 333 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottomliner
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottomliner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Deg's wife:
Ya know...if Q would go to a regular channel with commercials, infomercials, etc...think of the $$ they could bring in. I remember the Burger King commercial that was airing on the major channels..talk about a few 'fruitcakes'. I laughed my butt off...I was just thinking tho..if I had a down day or just a rotten day...I could turn on the 'Q' and turn my frown upside down by watching the commercials [Big Grin]
I can be ignored...doing some outward thinking, that's all
GLTA

Hey, Robin
First, I will never ignore you ... no matter what you say.

Second, "outward thinking" is good ... keep it up.

Third, I like your idea about Q going "commercial" ... if that works best for them. And let's hope Mr. Fan and crew are expert enough to find the "correct" format for Q, whatever that may be.

Fourth, I agree with you about commercials ... humor sells.

Wow, you're a tough lady to disagree with ... guess I'll have to find someone else to pick on today. Any volunteers? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Everything I say is only my opinion ... right or wrong.

Posts: 2152 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one benefit to being a premium channel is that they aren't restricted as to what content they can provide.
I think that could be a huge differentiation for them in the market. It would allow them to do more to create content compelling to their target audience without risking offending those who are easily offended.

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hagatha
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hagatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! You too? [Eek!]

[GLTA [/qb][/QUOTE]OT: I dunno about you...but that Burger King guy really freaks me out. Im mean, really, really freaks me out. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Posts: 119 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T e x
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for T e x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't post here, much--but I gotta agree: I've not been eating at Burger King since that eerie botox mask character showed up...I'm afraid he'll poke his head out the payout window.

--------------------
Nashoba Holba Chepulechi
Adventures in microcapitalism...

Posts: 21062 | From: Fort Worth | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SingleDad703
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SingleDad703     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The head has to be freakish looking, they need that to draw your eyes away from the white tights

--------------------
Go Q, I want to make my Ex-wife grovel.

15000001 and holding, yes I needed the 1 share.

Posts: 141 | From: Alex. Va. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 69 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  67  68  69   

Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

1997 - 2019 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share