Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Micro Penny Stocks, Penny Stocks $0.10 & Under » QBID XXXIII "Q" The Global Frontier (Page 32)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 181 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  179  180  181   
Author Topic: QBID XXXIII "Q" The Global Frontier
firefly
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for firefly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like hoss. the new sig [Smile]

--------------------
don't sweat the small stuff.

Posts: 3439 | From: ATL | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam1959
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by firefly:
Thanks Sam,,btw I am Sam too lol. This must be fun to see your network in action. It is strange to me that Britehouse in Birmingham got Q before Comcast in ATL. Oh well go figure.

It's kind of funny talking to someone with the same name, isnít it? I work with the Navy and have an email account with them; the global email directory on that network is so large that there are three other guys with the same first AND last names as me, so we end up getting each other's email all the time and have to forward things to each other.

Anyway, with a name like that you can't be all that bad! [Wink]

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 291 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefly
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for firefly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Green eggs and ham. Defentantly in the Sam club.

--------------------
don't sweat the small stuff.

Posts: 3439 | From: ATL | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam1959
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by firefly:
LOL Green eggs and ham. Defentantly in the Sam club.

I hear ya. Well, I gotta call it a night.

Talk to ya later.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 291 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Optimus Prime
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Optimus Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This A/S argument is getting out of hand. Lets try this in terms that everyone will understand:

Lets say you have multiple credit cards

Card 1 Credit Line $30,000 Balance $4000
Card 2 Credit Line $10,000 Balance $ 500
Card 3 Credit Line $ 5,000 Balance $ 0
Card 4 Credit Line $25,000 Balance $5000

By everybody's logic here, you are in debt for $70,000. Never mind you didn't use all of your credit line and really owe $9500. That is just a bunch of bull. All caluculations should use the 45B O/S until we are told otherwise.

Look, I am NOT happy that Frank increased the A/S. But until I see PROOF that the O/S is 60,000,000,000, then it is just a "credit line" at our expense. And I believe that the majority of shareholders will vote no on Mary Hartman. I want that audit bad too, but I don't think we'll see it for a couple of months. Just my opinion and I REALLY hope that I am wrong.

As far as the DVD goes, I hope they save their money and foget about it. But if it is really coming, IMO, they are waiting for a major announcement that they can put in the DVD before release to investors. What makes anybody think the DVD is only for us? It could be for eventual institutonal investors (if we ever get out of our current pps mess).

As far as doing business with a pink sheet company, I was jsut going over a list of pinks and found out that my employer, the nations largest defense contractor with 135,000 employees and sales of over $30B a year, uses Navigant as the SOLE travel agent for the company. We are not allowed to make travel arrangements through any other source but this company unless we have VP approval. The symbol is FLYR.PK. I couldn't believe it when I saw it but I don't think my company would do business with them if they weren't legit. So not all PK are bad.

--------------------
"True Wisdom Only Comes From Pain"

10.3 Million Shares and Holding

Posts: 112 | From: San Ramon, CA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
IHUB---

Posted by: robertmic71
In reply to: None
Date:11/28/2005 7:48:26 PM
Post #of 191026

Found on Planetout message board. Good news from other viewers building up. Hope...


Q Television!....Jack E. Jett is too funny...5 stars. redWineInmynavl Sun Nov 27 07:05:50 PST 2005


Jack E. is too funny and QTN Worldnews has been good to come to. Q is just the station I've been wanting for for a very very long time.

FYI--- It's supposed to be "good to come home to"...I copied it wrong...my fault

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mjm2005:
quote:
Originally posted by QBID'n:
PM mjm

I double PM'ed you... touche!
sent you a few more now too...sorry I didn't get to them until now... mea culpa

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam1959:
quote:
Originally posted by firefly:
Sam , can you subscribe to QTN? You are in Diego.
tia

Yes I can and I plan to as soon as possible.

What does tia mean?

"Thanks in advance"???

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:
This A/S argument is getting out of hand. Lets try this in terms that everyone will understand:

Lets say you have multiple credit cards

Card 1 Credit Line $30,000 Balance $4000
Card 2 Credit Line $10,000 Balance $ 500
Card 3 Credit Line $ 5,000 Balance $ 0
Card 4 Credit Line $25,000 Balance $5000

By everybody's logic here, you are in debt for $70,000. Never mind you didn't use all of your credit line and really owe $9500. That is just a bunch of bull. All caluculations should use the 45B O/S until we are told otherwise.

Look, I am NOT happy that Frank increased the A/S. But until I see PROOF that the O/S is 60,000,000,000, then it is just a "credit line" at our expense. And I believe that the majority of shareholders will vote no on Mary Hartman. I want that audit bad too, but I don't think we'll see it for a couple of months. Just my opinion and I REALLY hope that I am wrong.

As far as the DVD goes, I hope they save their money and foget about it. But if it is really coming, IMO, they are waiting for a major announcement that they can put in the DVD before release to investors. What makes anybody think the DVD is only for us? It could be for eventual institutonal investors (if we ever get out of our current pps mess).

As far as doing business with a pink sheet company, I was jsut going over a list of pinks and found out that my employer, the nations largest defense contractor with 135,000 employees and sales of over $30B a year, uses Navigant as the SOLE travel agent for the company. We are not allowed to make travel arrangements through any other source but this company unless we have VP approval. The symbol is FLYR.PK. I couldn't believe it when I saw it but I don't think my company would do business with them if they weren't legit. So not all PK are bad.

Ooooh, and FLYR is trading at close to $11 too...

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wangdo
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wangdo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Squawk Box is talking about this on CNBC, they are split on this. they said something like ESPN would be 2.50 a month to get. I would like to see a network breakdown.

quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
This could play right into Q's business model, or the cost increase across the board could potentially reduce subscriptions....


FCC to reverse course on cable: WSJ
By MarketWatch
Last Update: 1:25 AM ET Nov. 29, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The Federal Communications Commission is set to reverse course and suggest cable TV companies could best serve consumers by letting them subscribe to individual channels instead of prepackaged bundles, according to a media report Tuesday.

FCC Chairman Kevin Martin is expected to announce Tuesday at a Senate hearing that the FCC will soon reissue its review of cable industry "a la carte" pricing with a different conclusion, The Wall Street Journal reported in its online edition, citing an unnamed FCC official familiar with the report. See Wall Street Journal story (Subscription required)

While the original report concluded that consumers would pay more for individual channels, the new one concludes they could pay less, The Journal said.

A spokesman for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association said the cable-industry lobbying group would have no comment until it had time to review the new report, The Journal reported.

Earlier this year, Martin expressed concerns about the earlier report and asked the FCC staff to review it, the Journal said. The staff concluded the original report relied in part on faulty analysis of data, The Journal said, citing an unnamed FCC official.

A year ago, an initial report concluded that consumers would save money on an a la carte plan only if they subscribed to fewer than nine channels, the Journal said. The average cable subscriber watches 17 channels, the FCC staff found, suggesting a rate increase of anywhere from 14% to 30%, according to The Journal said.

Martin's reported policy change concerns the cable industry, partly because it opens a new front in the government's efforts to impose indecency standards on cable and satellite provider, The Journal said.

Until now, the cable industry has resisted suggestions from Martin and some lawmakers to voluntarily offer a la carte choices or set up a "family-friendly tier" of channels suitable for children, the Journal said. By suggesting that consumers won't necessarily pay more for individual channels, the report calls into question the cable industry's revenue model, according to the story.

While the FCC can't force the cable industry to change its business model, its voice will add considerable weight to the debate and could embolden lawmakers eager to give consumers, particularly parents, more control over which television programming enters their homes.

Aside from the technical challenge of offering hundreds of channels on an individual basis, cable programmers and operators say such a switch would raise costs and reduce choices for consumers, the Journal reported. That's because, they say, pooling a group of channels into one cable package effectively lowers the cost of offering all of the channels.



--------------------
Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.

Posts: 804 | From: Woodbridge, Va | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wangdo
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wangdo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OP....Great analogy, just because it's there you don't have to use it. Frank has the extra shares just incase and if he doesn't use them by the alloted time the shares are no longer available.

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:
This A/S argument is getting out of hand. Lets try this in terms that everyone will understand:

Lets say you have multiple credit cards

Card 1 Credit Line $30,000 Balance $4000
Card 2 Credit Line $10,000 Balance $ 500
Card 3 Credit Line $ 5,000 Balance $ 0
Card 4 Credit Line $25,000 Balance $5000

By everybody's logic here, you are in debt for $70,000. Never mind you didn't use all of your credit line and really owe $9500. That is just a bunch of bull. All caluculations should use the 45B O/S until we are told otherwise.

Look, I am NOT happy that Frank increased the A/S. But until I see PROOF that the O/S is 60,000,000,000, then it is just a "credit line" at our expense. And I believe that the majority of shareholders will vote no on Mary Hartman. I want that audit bad too, but I don't think we'll see it for a couple of months. Just my opinion and I REALLY hope that I am wrong.

As far as the DVD goes, I hope they save their money and foget about it. But if it is really coming, IMO, they are waiting for a major announcement that they can put in the DVD before release to investors. What makes anybody think the DVD is only for us? It could be for eventual institutonal investors (if we ever get out of our current pps mess).

As far as doing business with a pink sheet company, I was jsut going over a list of pinks and found out that my employer, the nations largest defense contractor with 135,000 employees and sales of over $30B a year, uses Navigant as the SOLE travel agent for the company. We are not allowed to make travel arrangements through any other source but this company unless we have VP approval. The symbol is FLYR.PK. I couldn't believe it when I saw it but I don't think my company would do business with them if they weren't legit. So not all PK are bad.



--------------------
Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.

Posts: 804 | From: Woodbridge, Va | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde_Crashcup
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde_Crashcup         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:
This A/S argument is getting out of hand. Lets try this in terms that everyone will understand:

Lets say you have multiple credit cards

Card 1 Credit Line $30,000 Balance $4000
Card 2 Credit Line $10,000 Balance $ 500
Card 3 Credit Line $ 5,000 Balance $ 0
Card 4 Credit Line $25,000 Balance $5000

By everybody's logic here, you are in debt for $70,000. Never mind you didn't use all of your credit line and really owe $9500. That is just a bunch of bull. All caluculations should use the 45B O/S until we are told otherwise.

Look, I am NOT happy that Frank increased the A/S. But until I see PROOF that the O/S is 60,000,000,000, then it is just a "credit line" at our expense. And I believe that the majority of shareholders will vote no on Mary Hartman. I want that audit bad too, but I don't think we'll see it for a couple of months. Just my opinion and I REALLY hope that I am wrong.

As far as the DVD goes, I hope they save their money and foget about it. But if it is really coming, IMO, they are waiting for a major announcement that they can put in the DVD before release to investors. What makes anybody think the DVD is only for us? It could be for eventual institutonal investors (if we ever get out of our current pps mess).

As far as doing business with a pink sheet company, I was jsut going over a list of pinks and found out that my employer, the nations largest defense contractor with 135,000 employees and sales of over $30B a year, uses Navigant as the SOLE travel agent for the company. We are not allowed to make travel arrangements through any other source but this company unless we have VP approval. The symbol is FLYR.PK. I couldn't believe it when I saw it but I don't think my company would do business with them if they weren't legit. So not all PK are bad.

I think this means that Frank is fat and happy and cares less about the share holder. Call it what you want. Frank is irresponsible when it comes to delivering timelines. He's just not that disciplined. Like I said before, "It's just the way he is" Love him or leave him.
Posts: 1271 | From: Sincinnati , Ohio | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dustoff 1
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dustoff 1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personaly, I don't agree with the Timeline theory simply because of the obvious downside..

Example: Sell um into the buyers now and get her done.

Also, he may be getting a real attitude towards shareholders, and figures *Heck if they did'nt sell into runs* it's they're own damn fault..

We may see a situation here where the CEO plans to milk the share printing machine, while still increasing revenue....

I have never seen a CEO so involved in the goings on of message boards and what is said on them...

Just something I thought about when reading some of the posting..

Anybody else have the same hunch?

Posts: 10729 | From: oregon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noah129
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for noah129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good morning qbidians good luck today lets hope for a run soon as this volume is to me indicating someone knows something that i dont.

usually the smart money gets in and then a run comes along.im not sure if this is the case but im betting that we get an audit by the end of the week.just speculating but i think its coming and someone is stocking up bigtime. i hope i am right but qbid has been a frustrating stock for so long that it is likely to trade at these levels for a while.

best of luck to you all sincrely your qbidiot.

20 million long and strong.

--------------------
gotta know when to hold em and when to ..........

Posts: 1525 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckwheatbob
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckwheatbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting article from Reuters this morning:

Welcome to the Reuters Before the Bell Newsmail.

Wall Street has confidence in confidence - consumer confidence, that is. Stock futures are pointing up as investors expect Conference Board data after the opening bell will show shoppers are more comfortable about spending their money in this holiday season than they were in October.

But plenty of other numbers are on the way. Economists expect new homes sales to show some deceleration in October, with orders for big-ticket items like refrigerators and cars on an upswing.

The dollar edged up against the yen and the euro in hopes that the data will cement expectations of rising U.S. interest rates. U.S. Treasuries are flat.

Oil prices are hovering around $57 a barrel after OPEC bent over backwards to assure consumers they would have enough fuel for the winter.

In other precious commodities, gold rose above $500 a troy ounce for the first time since the 1980s.

Cable viewers, take note. The Wall Street Journal says the FCC is poised to suggest that cable systems give customers the option of subscribing to individual channels rather than packages.

And insurer Cigna is expanding its online pricing data for consumers to include services provided by hospitals, doctors and other health care providers.

Until tomorrow,
Lisa Von Ahn
Newsmail Editor

--------------------
Buckwheat

Posts: 792 | From: Bradford, Ont. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noah129
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for noah129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey millertime any premarket action yet? level 2 lineup please. thanx in advance.

--------------------
gotta know when to hold em and when to ..........

Posts: 1525 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MillerTIME
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MillerTIME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
premarket....

.0004x.0005
10x9

--------------------
Buy the silence-Sell the noise
SFTV.004-.0075
AVNT.0018-.0033
FPPL.0034-.03
WEGI. My new Call

Posts: 3100 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noah129
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for noah129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx millertime. anyone care to make some predictions on pps by the end of the year?

im gonna be a radical pumper and say we close the year at .0032 heheh wouldn that be sweet!!!

--------------------
gotta know when to hold em and when to ..........

Posts: 1525 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ad astra
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ad astra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang me out to dry if you like...but i'm thinking the shares that are being dumped are being picked up by The Q.

I bet we see the Audit combined with mention of a reduction of sharecount due to a buyback.

I'll wager a phaser, a tribble and a vulcan mind meld i'm right.

I won't, however, wager when we see this. Hopefully by mid-Dec.

Posts: 333 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peaser
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing .0002

Sorry to say, but it's my honest opinion.

--------------------
Buy Low. Sell High.

Posts: 10736 | From: The Land Of The Giants | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NYstockLouver
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NYstockLouver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extended Hours (More info...)
Last Price Last Size Bid (Size) Ask (Size) Extended Hours

0.012 80,000 0(x0) 0(x0)
Pre-open Quote (Real-time) OTC


TRIANGLE MULTI MEDIA
E-TRADE has QBID as .012 pre-market
Did something big happen or is this a mistake.

Thanks Matt

Posts: 29 | From: NYC | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ad astra
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ad astra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
End of Year: .0014
Posts: 333 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a4realguy
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for a4realguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a mistake... still no audit... still SSDD.
Posts: 313 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noah129
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for noah129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow its quiet in here today is the qbidian army giving up or are we all just waiting for something to talk about ?

--------------------
gotta know when to hold em and when to ..........

Posts: 1525 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maestro232
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maestro232         Edit/Delete Post 
We're sick of reading all of these pages of rotgut, so we wait for real news.

--------------------
9.0M QBID locked and loaded!

Posts: 605 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airdoo
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for airdoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not giving up but i decided to invest some of my available funds elswhere. so i won't be adding to my 2+ million qbid shares. i love GTE lately. i know it's not a penny or a micro but it's been treating me right lately. you guys should at least check it out.

--------------------
I'M GONNA BE RICH BEFORE I'M 30!!!!

Posts: 502 | From: spring lake, nc, usa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ad astra
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ad astra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The quiet before the storm.
Posts: 333 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HossTrader
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HossTrader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a trade off. With no news we either don't say anything, or go waaaaay off topic. [Smile]

--------------------
I just want to make enough money to be eccentric.

Posts: 2412 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ad astra
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ad astra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, sorry. Should have ended with a ? instead of a period in my last post.
Posts: 333 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaos
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good morning everyone....just curious....has anyone been able to buy at .0004
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
life is short..go for the long shot and ride it all the way home...

Posts: 154 | From: nyc | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wangdo:
Squawk Box is talking about this on CNBC, they are split on this. they said something like ESPN would be 2.50 a month to get. I would like to see a network breakdown.

quote:
Originally posted by HossTrader:
This could play right into Q's business model, or the cost increase across the board could potentially reduce subscriptions....


FCC to reverse course on cable: WSJ
By MarketWatch
Last Update: 1:25 AM ET Nov. 29, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The Federal Communications Commission is set to reverse course and suggest cable TV companies could best serve consumers by letting them subscribe to individual channels instead of prepackaged bundles, according to a media report Tuesday.

FCC Chairman Kevin Martin is expected to announce Tuesday at a Senate hearing that the FCC will soon reissue its review of cable industry "a la carte" pricing with a different conclusion, The Wall Street Journal reported in its online edition, citing an unnamed FCC official familiar with the report. See Wall Street Journal story (Subscription required)

While the original report concluded that consumers would pay more for individual channels, the new one concludes they could pay less, The Journal said.

A spokesman for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association said the cable-industry lobbying group would have no comment until it had time to review the new report, The Journal reported.

Earlier this year, Martin expressed concerns about the earlier report and asked the FCC staff to review it, the Journal said. The staff concluded the original report relied in part on faulty analysis of data, The Journal said, citing an unnamed FCC official.

A year ago, an initial report concluded that consumers would save money on an a la carte plan only if they subscribed to fewer than nine channels, the Journal said. The average cable subscriber watches 17 channels, the FCC staff found, suggesting a rate increase of anywhere from 14% to 30%, according to The Journal said.

Martin's reported policy change concerns the cable industry, partly because it opens a new front in the government's efforts to impose indecency standards on cable and satellite provider, The Journal said.

Until now, the cable industry has resisted suggestions from Martin and some lawmakers to voluntarily offer a la carte choices or set up a "family-friendly tier" of channels suitable for children, the Journal said. By suggesting that consumers won't necessarily pay more for individual channels, the report calls into question the cable industry's revenue model, according to the story.

While the FCC can't force the cable industry to change its business model, its voice will add considerable weight to the debate and could embolden lawmakers eager to give consumers, particularly parents, more control over which television programming enters their homes.

Aside from the technical challenge of offering hundreds of channels on an individual basis, cable programmers and operators say such a switch would raise costs and reduce choices for consumers, the Journal reported. That's because, they say, pooling a group of channels into one cable package effectively lowers the cost of offering all of the channels.


Wouldn't a lot of channels go out of business though? Or at least greatly reduce their exposure?

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottomliner
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottomliner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Wangdo:
OP....Great analogy, just because it's there you don't have to use it. Frank has the extra shares just incase and if he doesn't use them by the alloted time the shares are no longer available.

Wangdo
I agree ... Optimus Prime did a great job explaining the A/S vs O/S debate. Good job, OP.

--------------------
Everything I say is only my opinion ... right or wrong.

Posts: 2152 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by noah129:
good morning qbidians good luck today lets hope for a run soon as this volume is to me indicating someone knows something that i dont.

usually the smart money gets in and then a run comes along.im not sure if this is the case but im betting that we get an audit by the end of the week.just speculating but i think its coming and someone is stocking up bigtime. i hope i am right but qbid has been a frustrating stock for so long that it is likely to trade at these levels for a while.

best of luck to you all sincrely your qbidiot.

20 million long and strong.

Is anyone planning on getting out if there is a run?

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cobracobra
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobracobra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bottomliner:
quote:
Originally posted by Wangdo:
OP....Great analogy, just because it's there you don't have to use it. Frank has the extra shares just incase and if he doesn't use them by the alloted time the shares are no longer available.

Wangdo
I agree ... Optimus Prime did a great job explaining the A/S vs O/S debate. Good job, OP.

It was a good analogy but it should also show that to the eyes of a loan company all of your available credit is held against you because if you wanted to use it it is possible to do so....

--------------------
I don't play well with others, and have a problem with authority. I love to see the big guy fall to the under-dog.

Posts: 192 | From: New Jersey - Armpit of the World | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjm2005
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by buckwheatbob:
Interesting article from Reuters this morning:

Welcome to the Reuters Before the Bell Newsmail.

Wall Street has confidence in confidence - consumer confidence, that is. Stock futures are pointing up as investors expect Conference Board data after the opening bell will show shoppers are more comfortable about spending their money in this holiday season than they were in October.

But plenty of other numbers are on the way. Economists expect new homes sales to show some deceleration in October, with orders for big-ticket items like refrigerators and cars on an upswing.

The dollar edged up against the yen and the euro in hopes that the data will cement expectations of rising U.S. interest rates. U.S. Treasuries are flat.

Oil prices are hovering around $57 a barrel after OPEC bent over backwards to assure consumers they would have enough fuel for the winter.

In other precious commodities, gold rose above $500 a troy ounce for the first time since the 1980s.

Cable viewers, take note. The Wall Street Journal says the FCC is poised to suggest that cable systems give customers the option of subscribing to individual channels rather than packages.

And insurer Cigna is expanding its online pricing data for consumers to include services provided by hospitals, doctors and other health care providers.

Until tomorrow,
Lisa Von Ahn
Newsmail Editor

If I were given the choice of which channels I would choose, and let's say I also am in the market for QTN, I would probably sub out some other channels (Telemundo?? CSPAN?? etc) and opt in for QTN... that would actually, in my opinion, greatly increase the demand for QTN...because anyone who has the excuse that their monthly bill is just where they want it, no longer can say that...because they can choose exactly what channels they want and what they don't want...

--------------------
Remember two things:
You love New York City
and leave only your footprints.

Posts: 1526 | From: Chatham, NJ... and NC-- Wake Forest University | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 181 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  179  180  181   

Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

© 1997 - 2019 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share