Chicago Gay Games Signs Multi-million Deal for TV/Radio Broadcast Rights Letter of Intent Signed with California-based Q Television Network
CHICAGO, IL – Chicago organizers of Gay Games VII today announced a multi-million dollar cash and barter deal assigning television and radio broadcast rights to the Q Television network. Q Television Network and Chicago Games, Inc. (CGI) signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) marking the final negotiation period for an agreement transferring the media rights to the California-based cable network.
The LOI outlines the broad terms of the proposed deal, including broadcast rights, joint development of Gay Games-related programming, broadcast airtime for advanced Gay Games advertising, and live and taped coverage of Gay Games VII events from 15 to 22 July 2006. As part of the proposed agreement, Q Television, a subscriber-based television network affiliated with RCN Cable and other providers, will unscramble its signal during live coverage of the Gay Games in 2006. Q Television would also serve as the agent for the redistribution of television and radio broadcast rights, allowing for access beyond Q Television’s cable footprint, especially in international markets. The media rights being sold would not prohibit standard news coverage.
Hi sunny, I agree. Miss some of the fun we had on this board but new people are arriving with interest. Good to see olds and newbies. Good Luck
Posts: 3439 | From: ATL | Registered: Jun 2004
| IP: Logged |
right? this is the 2nd article to give us more info than the PR's had. kinda like what Marco had said- they were giving interviews & getting word out via media & promotion, ie Rubenstein. ~BB
Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004
| IP: Logged |
Looks to me that the Q is starting to pull ahead of HereTV, LOGO, and Pridevision. I would bet they will be sending their feed out to all four corners of the globe...... There isnt going to be no Friday selloff on this stock!!!!!! Posts: 1637 | Registered: Apr 2004
| IP: Logged |
Not really following the qbid thread anymore. But I am wondering what it is that anyone sees in this particular stock right now? Don't get me wrong I am over in tfct land (just with profits) waiting it out, but it just seems, to me, that there is more reason for waiting. So pretty much, this thing launched, and the pps has not budged? I dont get it, anyone want to explain this so I dont have to read over the last 10 pages of threads to get it? If not don't worry, it does not make a difference to me if I know or don't, just board and wondered for a second... anyway though, GLTA who are in this one...
Posts: 1153 | From: northeast | Registered: Apr 2004
| IP: Logged |
well, technically, Pridevision and that new Pink channel in France could carry the feed from Q... ~BB
quote:Originally posted by Bigrod40: Looks to me that the Q is starting to pull ahead of HereTV, LOGO, and Pridevision. I would bet they will be sending their feed out to all four corners of the globe...... There isnt going to be no Friday selloff on this stock!!!!!!
quote:Originally posted by futuresobjective: Not really following the qbid thread anymore. But I am wondering what it is that anyone sees in this particular stock right now? Don't get me wrong I am over in tfct land (just with profits) waiting it out, but it just seems, to me, that there is more reason for waiting. So pretty much, this thing launched, and the pps has not budged? I dont get it, anyone want to explain this so I dont have to read over the last 10 pages of threads to get it? If not don't worry, it does not make a difference to me if I know or don't, just board and wondered for a second... anyway though, GLTA who are in this one...
The station launched and as far as I understand is only in SF right now and will be anouncing its nationwide launch soon. Also we have no reports yet of how many subscribers there are , etc... Until they issue that information I know I will be holding....
famtrecrew, perfect timeing, I was about to get off of the computer... I did not know it was not nationwide yet... thanks for the respinse... Good Luck...
Posts: 1153 | From: northeast | Registered: Apr 2004
| IP: Logged |
Wow. We will continue to see the progress of QBID. I'd like to point something out that I really liked in that news story.
"...As part of the proposed agreement, Q Television, a subscriber-based television network affiliated with RCN Cable and other providers, will unscramble its signal during live coverage of the Gay Games in 2006. Q Television would also serve as the agent for the redistribution of television and radio broadcast rights, allowing for access beyond Q Television’s cable footprint, especially in international markets. The media rights being sold would not prohibit standard news coverage.
#1. We all know QTN will be with other cable carriers.
#2. While standard news coverage will happen, it is possible they will create awareness for QTN by mentioning the carriage of the event by Q Television Network.
[This message has been edited by 1BigTip (edited September 30, 2004).]
I would like to see QBID do what IDGN did today (up 900% today on no news) for about the next 15 days straight... that would be nice...
Posts: 132 | From: Cathedral City , CA | Registered: Aug 2004
| IP: Logged |
WinsumLosesum Member posted September 16, 2004 09:49 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Here's a bullet list of most of marco's statements, just so they're easier to keep track of.
• QBID will be off the pinks really soon
• announcing carriage with aol/ time warner @ end of month
• (check) QBID has retained a major IR group to start a campaign for them as early as next week
• major press releases every day for next 2 weeks to supplement IR campaign starting monday
• shares count remains in the 9B range, that was after the last placement was done last week. the investors are long term
• frank is in NY i will see him friday he is interviewing w/ wall street journal and daily times
• emails are going to opt-ins on variopus stockboards and newsletters
• QBID is going to be doing capmaigns once a month to chase shorts out of the market and revive the stock
• there is alot of shares but just like the sotck ran to almost .03 it will do this again. eventually they are going to have to restructure but not until they attempt to go amex
• if i give out a target i can go to jail i am not an chartered financial analyst. but company has just started its big move
• i have palced all of these investments. there are more to come all will be restricted deals
• they are live in other cities but the hurricane has taken out the southwest transponder. they will have it back up in texas on friday thanks to Leonard firestone
• own 350,000,000 shares, and i will not sell a single shares until the comapny goes live on comcast and time warner. maybe 6 months from now
• in closing i just want to say that i am a 2.5% owner and a fund that I placed the deal with now owns 21%.. We are almost 25% of the comapny and we are all restricted and long. i cant sell for a yr and plan to near .05 (Now, this one appears to contradict his previous statement about holding for "maybe 6 months")
• QBID is on the air, the hurricance caused technical difficulties. they are moving the repsonder and satelite to Texas from New Orleans, this should be done tomorrow or firday. justs so you know QBID was on the air for 3 straight days before the hurricance
• its going to be an overview of the company that is faxed and emailed, i have copy do you want to see it. give me your emai
• right now there is 5 press release already slated for release starting tomorrow, Frank wants to do 8 - one everyday until next friday. just watch
• qbid is paying 150K for this IR campaign it going to blow the doors off the stock. 100 mm emails and 25 mm faxes going out over the next 2 weeks. news every day this week
• I am the banker for this company. There is a 10mm restricted stock deal to be announced real soon
• QBID is up in san fran. they will be back up acroos the nation tomorrow or firday.
• i talked to frank olsen for 25 minutes today they were on the air for 3 days, ignore these losers. here is another prediction network will be full airing by Friday or latest over the weekend. if you doubt me call Frank olsen yourself 760-323-4455. Thats his direct phone number
[This message has been edited by WinsumLosesum (edited September 16, 2004).]
I haven't posted in a while, but read most of your comments. I am concerned, as most of you, where the stock price is going. We can speculate, estimate and gestimate. It never comes the way we like to see it. I made a couple of observations. Please do not take them as bashing. I am also invested in QTN as most of you are. However, some of QTNs moves and press releases have me worried.
As some of you know, I am working with Network Teleports (NTI) in New Orleans. NTI is uplinking QTNs signal to the satellite since June of this year and still does TODAY. Recent press releases claim that QTN has migrated its satellite signal to Firestone Communications in Texas and is once again on the air. This statement is very confusing and boldly not true. NTI never stopped broadcasting QTNs signal to the satellite.
The uplink process for video and audio is done in an digital MPEG2 format. Digital MPEG2 has become the industries standard in recent years. It requires special equipment to receive this satellite feed and can not be done with a common big backyard dish, DirecTV or Dish Network receiver. They all work in different standards.
Not to become to technical, RCN in San Francisco has digital equipment to receive digital MPEG2 video, but not the audio part. Therefore, Firestone was involved to turn NTI's satellite feed around and re-broadcast it in an format that is compatible for RCN in San Francisco.
It is troublesome to me how QTN states facts in their press releases. In this particular incident the readers are mislead or not told the truth. For accuracy sake, QTNs satellite signal did not migrate to Firestone Communications, but is re-transmitted by Firestone Communications.
In my humble opinion, accuracy and honesty is necessary to attract and keep investors.
This raises the question on how accurate and honest are ALL of QTNs press releases?!?
quote:Originally posted by lilpennypincher: Sorry, Just needed to let you know, if infact you do address me, use my name or my SN or just simply quote me and not use any of your pet names you may dream up. K? Thanks, Lil
Sure thing Champ. I don't suppose the 30 pages of people talking about masturbating with turkey basters and chocolate pickles offended you did it? Oh wait, those were the cheerleaders... Sorry sugar.
Posts: 216 | From: Tampa, FL/Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2004
| IP: Logged |
Q Television Network Announces Signal Move Successful; QTN is Broadcasting Again FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2004 12:00 PM - BusinessWire QBID 0.0042 +0.0001 Enter Symbol:
PALM SPRINGS, Calif., Sep 24, 2004 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Q Television Network (Pink Sheets: QBID) announced today that it has successfully moved its satellite connection from New Orleans, LA to Fort Worth, TX. Programming has now resumed in San Francisco via RCN on channel 255.
The satellite move had been necessary due to signal difficulties the Network has been having. The difficulties were believed to be weather related since prior testing of the signal showed no interference.
"We are pleased to be broadcasting the network in San Francisco," said Frank Olsen President and CEO of Q Television Network. "We do not anticipate any further problems with our signal and look forward to broadcasting to other RCN affiliates in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Washington D.C. as soon as possible."
I do not know if there were or were not weather problems involved in receiving the signal--"believed to be" at what point in time?
He does not address RCN's audio problems. Perhaps that's why the audio cell on the satelite chart was blank until recently.
quote:Originally posted by King Crimson: posting this over here...
ron...nice to see more people besides firefly, betting babe, suzainiee, and a few others interested in the satellite.
you know, of course, that this q thing is such a huge scam and hoax perpetrated so intricately and elaborately that they (the perpetrators) have gone so far as to actually utilize bandwidth on a real orbiting satellite...Intelsat Americas 7. ...saying this dripping with sarcasm. LOFL
the "A" accesses directly the related channel contact information at the LyngSat® Address website.
Originally posted by ron4498: HELLO ALL: DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW Q_CHANNEL LOGO NOW ON THE SATELLITE WEB SITES> LOOK !!!! LOOK at all THREE LOGO Q-Channel satellite web sites. Looking good people$$$$$ LOOK-Our LOGO is now up on our Satellite web site, LOOKING GOOD PEOPLE:
[This message has been edited by King Crimson (edited September 25, 2004).]
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1BigTip: "...As part of the proposed agreement, Q Television, a subscriber-based television network affiliated with RCN Cable and other providers, will unscramble its signal during live coverage of the Gay Games in 2006. QUOTE]
Well, there goes another statement! QTN's signal is not scrambled, it is in the clear! The signal is transmitted in a digital form, not common to household satellite receivers. Basically, you need a commercial satellite receiver to receive this signal. These receivers are common among cable companies and broadcasters. In other words, ESPN could pick up QTN's signal right now if they wanted to and do not have to wait for QTN to unscramble it!