Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Micro Penny Stocks, Penny Stocks $0.10 & Under » QBID XX "Accumulation Phase?" (Page 62)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65   
Author Topic: QBID XX "Accumulation Phase?"
denzen
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody ?

dz

Did a search for Wallstreet's Inside Reporter and didn't come up with anything.

Anybody else have anything?

I guess I junped the gun on my buy.

dz[/B][/QUOTE]


Posts: 1431 | From: Boulder, CO | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wanderer
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Wanderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by realityinc21:
I WILL BE SELLING KISSES IN LOS VEGAS!!



Diana, Ill buy more than a kiss. Remember,"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"

Posts: 13 | From: Quartz Hill, Calif | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qbidder
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qbidder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also did a search for Wallstreet's Inside Reporter and didn't come up with anything


------------------
Facta Non Verba


Posts: 76 | From: Chicago, NYC, Rome~Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMC
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About time - black!!!
Posts: 63 | From: Kirkland, WA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stanlee
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 14 posted      Profile for stanlee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy and hold. That's all there is to it!
~m~

------------------


Posts: 40 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realityinc21
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for realityinc21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by denzen:
Where's that line start?

Diana, you know I respect and admire your ability to trade. What do you make of the lack of volume on the buy side given all the info and buyback this past few weeks?

dz



DZ,

SORRY--WENT OUT FOR A WHILE--

I THINK THE STOCK IS OVERSOLD. END OF STORY. THIS MARKET ADJUSTMENT IS SO SAD BUT A CONDITION THAT HAS TO BE CORRECTED. USUALLY TAKES ON A 3 TO 5 DAY PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT. GOOD NEWS IS THIS: IF PEOPLE WERE NOT HOLDING STRONG THE STOCK WOULD BE FALLING BIG TIME. MUCH BETTER DAY THAN I EXPECTED. JMHO

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT DZ. I CALLED YOU TODAY AND LEFT A MESSAGE! CALL ME!!

------------------
DIANA


Posts: 4447 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qbidder
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qbidder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reason why I'm holding strong

meeting in las vegas

Diana u gonna buy me a drink?

------------------
Facta Non Verba

[This message has been edited by Qbidder (edited November 02, 2004).]


Posts: 76 | From: Chicago, NYC, Rome~Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizknock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizknock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Accumulation phase looks good!

"All we ever had to do is launch!"

------------------
whizknock


Posts: 4363 | From: waldorf,maryland,USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tqn
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tqn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks stock god for the green close today. did someone mention booze and diapers last nite? tomorrow will be different - election is over.
Posts: 734 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qbidder
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qbidder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank GOD election will be over!

hope who i voted for wins!

im not a fan donkeys nor will i ever ride a donkey

------------------
Facta Non Verba


Posts: 76 | From: Chicago, NYC, Rome~Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boletus
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boletus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey qbidder! I recognize the sottotono from elsewhere.

Diana - I enjoy following your trading activity. You seem to have a good grasp of the daily action. Do you ever buy on fundamentals or do you just buy according to the charts? IOW I would consider QBID the former and perhaps OMOG (or what ever todays flaovor is) the later.

Everyone else: IMO when market sentiment is dismal that is a good time to buy. Remember the 2000 bubble? If it was internet (information super-highway for you fat slob morons) related it was through the roof. Everyone said to loadup on tech. Nasdaq to 10,000 and Dow to 25K. LOL

With QBID right now it is the opposite: end of the world, sky is falling- Who in their right mind would buy this stock?

DON"T BELIEVE THE ANTI HYPE!


Posts: 347 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boletus
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boletus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from a PR for some other company that mentions the same WallStreet Inside reporter AND Ronnie Welch. Sorry to take up so much space. Let me know if it's a problem.

Greg Archilla, Engineer/Mixer on Grammy Nominated Albums, Appointed to PEAK Entertainment Group A&R and Artist Development Committee
Thursday October 28, 6:30 am ET


CWR & Partners, LLP
Public Relations:
Ronnie Welch, 508-222-4802
Ronnie@cwrpartners.com
or
Wall Streets Inside Reporter, Inc
Investor Relations:
Mike Elliott, 813-223-7788

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/041028/285286_1.html


Posts: 347 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ric
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its interesting. I have found 4 more that have them and all also include CWR & Partners They do have a web site.
http://www.cwrpartners.com/index.php

Not sure what there relationship is or if Wall Street inside reporter may be AN Affliate of CWR. CWR's web site does not mention Wall Street Inside Reporter though?

Ric

quote:
Originally posted by Boletus:
This is from a PR for some other company that mentions the same WallStreet Inside reporter AND Ronnie Welch. Sorry to take up so much space. Let me know if it's a problem.

Greg Archilla, Engineer/Mixer on Grammy Nominated Albums, Appointed to PEAK Entertainment Group A&R and Artist Development Committee
Thursday October 28, 6:30 am ET


CWR & Partners, LLP
Public Relations:
Ronnie Welch, 508-222-4802
Ronnie@cwrpartners.com
or
Wall Streets Inside Reporter, Inc
Investor Relations:
Mike Elliott, 813-223-7788

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/041028/285286_1.html



Posts: 4405 | From: Bristol, Tn, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny-Trader
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny-Trader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
daily average is not necessarily going to rise. the fact is the volume is up. the volume would not have to go up 34 million a day for them to be able to buy 34 million a day. the fact of the matter is they can only buy what goes for sale. just because you have a buy in does not mean it is going to fill. all that the increased volume tells you is that more people decided to sell then normal. or more people where able to sell because someone is there to buy.

you cant compare the numbers that you did and call it evidence that they are not buying back what they say they are buying back.

it nice to throw numbers around when you are trying to prove a point, but make sure that the numbers you throw around proves your point. those numbers to me prove that they are buying back as the volume has increased making it easier to sell your shares. they are buying them as you sell them.

they are not getting mine though.

think about it for a bit. volume has increased and i seen several posts in here stating that their buys did not go through yesterday.

sorry but you have not proved anything to me other then you know how to look up the daily average volume.

Rod

quote:
Originally posted by tqn:
well, since you touched this issue, i was thinking of how to compare the volume before and after the share buy back pr to see if volume actually increased. since sept 24 to nov 1, qbid had 26 trading days. so i added up the volume before and after sept 24 with 26 trading days each way.
before pr trading total 3,534,762,600
after pr trading total 3,765,093,700
different up +230,331,100

daily avg. before pr 135,952,408
daily avg. after pr 144,811,296
daily avg. different up +8,858,888

where to go from here...can one assume the difference is for the buy back? 230,331,700 vs. 600,000,000? with another week to go yet.

[This message has been edited by tqn (edited November 02, 2004).]



Posts: 4801 | From: Prescott, ON, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qbidder
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qbidder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boletus

i am in fact the old sottotono but i had problems with signing in so i got tired of having to register everytime...AS says its my AOL account

oh wells

do i know you from somewhere?

------------------
Facta Non Verba


Posts: 76 | From: Chicago, NYC, Rome~Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tqn
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tqn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by penny-trader:
daily average is not necessarily going to rise. the fact is the volume is up. the volume would not have to go up 34 million a day for them to be able to buy 34 million a day. the fact of the matter is they can only buy what goes for sale. just because you have a buy in does not mean it is going to fill. all that the increased volume tells you is that more people decided to sell then normal. or more people where able to sell because someone is there to buy.

you cant compare the numbers that you did and call it evidence that they are not buying back what they say they are buying back.

it nice to throw numbers around when you are trying to prove a point, but make sure that the numbers you throw around proves your point. those numbers to me prove that they are buying back as the volume has increased making it easier to sell your shares. they are buying them as you sell them.

they are not getting mine though.

think about it for a bit. volume has increased and i seen several posts in here stating that their buys did not go through yesterday.

sorry but you have not proved anything to me other then you know how to look up the daily average volume.

Rod


those numbers said the volume going up, not evidence nor proving any thing. see the question marks there. just a point, dont you think anything out of the ordinary can be questioned.


Posts: 734 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny-Trader
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny-Trader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
everything can be questioned for sure. but we have no way of proving or disproving the buyback. all we can do is wait and see if they announce the the buyback is completed in a PR. Once it is in writing, then if it is not true they will have set themselves up for fraudulent info. the fact that they make public statement about it in the cc is probably enough to sink them if it is not true. we have to have a bit of trust in what they are telling us. They have come through on many of the things that they promised us, we just have to have some patience and wait to see what develops.

JMHO

Rod


quote:
Originally posted by tqn:
those numbers said the volume going up, not evidence nor proving any thing. see the question marks there. just a point, dont you think anything out of the ordinary can be questioned.


Posts: 4801 | From: Prescott, ON, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scoundrel
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoundrel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally decided to register here so I could spout my .0002 cents.

Admittedly I am an amatuer and just getting to understand some of waht goes on in the market, but looking at it from a basic standpoint the buyback goes something like this.

You have a company to build and want to raise money, you have 3 options:
1) Get a loan
2) Private funding, self or otherwise
3) Sell interest in the future of the company (issue stock)

Frank or whoever it was back then issued stock. He basically took out a loan with the investors as the loaners. They offered up a portion of their assets in exchange for money and they get to keep their assets. Fairly simple.

Next, you go through years of work and finally get things together and money starts coming in. Stock price (the stuff you sold a while back) is in the toilet though due to no momentum for so long. However, money is coming in from various angles and you have some overage of cash. So you look at all that stock out there and figure, buy it up now at .003 and when it is a $2 stock maybe issue it back out.

While 2% is not a signicant portion, it is a start. To me it signifies they have some faith, and they have some money. Money came from either private investors, who had to have more faith than average, or a bank, who required proof of their future success in some format, at the very least a solid plan to get to that future.

So, I will keep holding my shares, almost 1 million, and if it hits $5 I will paint the new sailboat something gawdy.

For those who feel Frank is ripping off the market, the ripoff, if that was his plan, would have happened years ago, he hasnt been working 7+ years to simply avoid looking guilty. I think they are gathering steam and when the second or third financials come out we will see some good things.

Could the stock vanish? Of course, thats life in the pink sheets. But the potential is what we all want.

The thing that has concerned me though is on every single news announcement which I took as positive, the price dropped, almost without exception. To me any time they discuss new markets, new advertisers, or new sponsors for homebound/hiv people, or other such income potential, these would be good things. Each time those new revenue sources were announced I watched the price drop, which tells me someone out there is being malicious, or stupid.

I do not expect the stock to hit $1 anytime soon, perhaps a year or two. A television station with proper guidance is a cash cow. You keep a good balance of programming, stick to strengths, and the money rolls in. It will take time to generate the audience. But in time, not much, they will have that audience. It will be both gays watching content more in tune with their lifestyle, and straights watching the freak show, or women watching the gay men tell them how us straight guys can't relate to their needs. Whatever draws people to the channel Im all for. Ka-Ching

The great part is that as the audience grows the names gets spread, and the audience grows faster, until the channel is as well knwon, if not viewed as much, as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and so on.

So, enough ranting, I feel my 900,000 shares will one day be a solid thing to be proud of, it will just take time. If my situation changes, I will be accumulating more soon.


Posts: 23 | From: Orlando Fl USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefly
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for firefly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi scoundrel. Thanks for your thoughts.
McFly.

Posts: 3439 | From: ATL | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BT
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scroundel, Welcome and thank you for that post. I haven't read an interesting post in a while.

I want to point out one thing that I hope people understand.

quote:
Originally posted by Scoundrel:

For those who feel Frank is ripping off the market, the ripoff, if that was his plan, would have happened years ago..


ABSOLUTELY 100% CORRECT!! If people did file a complaint with the SEC when they said they had, the SEC would have stepped in and issued out some info regarding QBID by now. Especially if the filings came about years ago. It almost makes no sense to consider this a scam. I can't even believe I'm even bringing that up.

QBID is a solid investment.


Posts: 3026 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BT
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6 steps to digital cable success

1. Demonstrate a demand
2. Avoid the competition
3. Hire pros
4. Build a realistic model
5. Raise beaucoup bucks
6. Sweeten the deal

Call it cable's rite of spring. At the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's annual gathering, wannabe cable networks pitch—hard. But few will turn up on your cable listings. (Q Television is on RCN's listing) Hype is the easy part, says one cable vet: "Until you get funded, you are not a network." New channels typically need $100 million to $150 million to break even.

There was a time when operators needed networks to populate their digital packages. Not any more. "We're looking to leverage the relationships we already have," says Cox Vice President of Programming Bob Wilson.

Industry consultant Cathy Rasenberger, who specializes in startup networks, has heard an estimated 200 proposals in the past few years. The odds of their success are slim, she cautions prospective clients.

About a dozen recently launched channels are making it. Among them: G4, Fine Living, Sí TV, and sports diginets Fuel, CSTV, and Tennis Channel (see list at right). New networks associated with a big media company or distributor stand the best chance. Independents face an uphill climb.

National Cable Television Cooperative President and CEO Mike Pandzick says operators are focused on growing their businesses, not taking on more costs. "Most look at new networks and ask, How much it is going to cost me? How many new subs is it going to get me?"

Adds Pandzick, "That's why most new networks are almost dead in the water. There are so few interests that are not already being met."

But if you want to brave the odds, do it with Rasenberger's help. Here is B&C's tip sheet for starting a digital network.

1. Demonstrate a demand
Cable already offers a dizzying array of niche networks. There are channels for foodies, videogamers, and history buffs. Aspiring outlets must find something new—and prove that people want it.

Launching a channel "is about the hardest thing to do in the world," says Brad Siegel, formerly a Turner Entertainment executive and now vice chairman for startup Gospel Music Channel. "If you don't have a large, passionate fan base, it's a nonstarter."

You need to identify the target and then find data to back up your plan. For the Gospel Music Channel, Siegel and network founder Charles Humbard, a Discovery Networks vet, see a wide-open space. (BET offers some gospel programming, but only a few shows a week.) More important, Gospel Music Channel says this is a proven marketplace: 80 million people a week tune in to such programming. And 8% of all U.S. music sales are for gospel music. Jazz, in contrast, makes up 4% of sales.

2. Avoid the competition
"It can disturb or destroy your business if someone else is competing for distribution and programming," says Rasenberger. Operators and advertisers might say they want alternatives to big, established cable networks, but it's tough going up against major players.

Stand Up Comedy Television, another first-time exhibitor at this week's NCTA show, will offer a lot of standup specials. Remember, Comedy Central has carved out the standup turf; even HBO and Bravo do it. In the gaming space, Game Show Network (now called GSN) and G4 are already up. Two new channels: Casino & Gaming Television is still looking for carriage deals, while Edge TV is joining the fray (see page 32). The channel is eyeing an early-2005 launch and has enlisted the expertise of former ABC Family distribution exec John Burns III, distribution specialist Hot House Media, and talent agency Creative Artists Agency.

Consider diversity. The National Football League's channel is everything NFL, while The Football Network will offer the rest (college, high school, women's football). But do operators want two football-themed channels? Do viewers want all football all the time? Clearly, only the strong survive. So far, The NFL Network has major deals on DirecTV, Charter, and Insight. TFN has secured deals with MSOs Time Warner and NCTC. The NFL Network kicked off last November, but TFN has been plagued by financial problems and may not run till year's end.

3. Hire pros
TV people are good. Cable people are better. There is nothing like the personal touch. It helps open the right doors at Comcast and Time Warner. Take CSTV, for example. Co-founder Brian Bedol is a familiar face in the cable industry. He started Classic Sports, then sold it to ESPN. He's calling on many of the same cable operators pitching his new channel.

Most new channels recruit an industry vet in their executive ranks or on their boards. The reason is simple: Cable can be a frustrating business. "You need to be prepared for a marathon," says TFN chief Jerry Solomon, a former sports agent. "I've negotiated a lot of deals, but I've never seen deals take as long to materialize as [carriage deals]."

4. Build a realistic model
Cable can be a great business, thanks to the dual revenue streams from subscriber fees and ad sales. But that model doesn't apply to many new diginets. With programming costs soaring for existing services, operators don't want expensive new services. They might be willing to shell out a few pennies per subscriber, but not immediately. Maybe not ever.

And don't count on advertising as a stable revenue stream. Sure, a few advertisers will take a leap early. "Some ideas are so interesting, you can take a flyer on it" and make a small buy, says Doug Seay, senior vice president for Publicis & Hal Riney. An early investment can pay off. Buyers usually get in for a dirt-cheap CPM and try to grandfather the rate. If a channel grows, the gamble is a good one.

Most advertisers want to see Nielsen ratings first. Says Seay, "A lot of people won't buy on concept." With hard data, they see who is watching and when.

It's also wise to consider other revenue streams. Rasenberger is keen on concepts with merchandising extensions. She's handling distribution for lifestyle startup Wine Network, which plans to sell wine and travel packages as a way to intoxicate coffers.

5. Raise beaucoup bucks
To begin, you'll need about $5 million in hand. The initial funds go for research, programming, and a road show to woo potential investors, as well as cable and DBS operators. But seed money goes only so far. The building blocks of a channel—more research, acquiring programs, commissioning originals, launch fees—run into a lot of money. The benchmark is at least $100 million. If you plan a lot of originals or live events, kick it up.

Trouble is, venture-capital money is hard to get. And startups face a tough predicament: Cable operators often want to know there is funding before they'll seal a deal. Investors want to see distribution before committing. It takes time to finesse both ends. Budget for at least three years to launch. It could take six to eight years to break even. Some networks die out because they can't sustain the investment. Jokevision, intended to show jokes 24/7 and commercial-free, has put the brakes on development. Backers are devising a sustainable business model.

6. Sweeten the deal
Understand what the operators want and need. Many distributors are pushing specialty tiers like Hispanic and sports packages. That has helped CSTV and the Tennis Channel get carriage. Startup Spanish-language kids network Sorpresa is finding a home on Hispanic tiers.

Other enticements may help sway an operator. Proposed young-adult network XY.tv says it will share ad revenue with early distributors. A few channels, including Wine Network, would share revenue from merchandise sales. Many are offering high-definition and video-on-demand content.

High-tech boondoggles may also work. Take the Anime Network. The channel's parent company A.D. Vision Inc. already owns a vast library of anime programs that it produces and sells on DVD. Starting a cable channel seemed a logical extension. Except that operators pushed back. To prove Anime Network's worth, the channel started as a video-on-demand service. Big MSOs like Comcast, Time Warner, and Cablevision—all eager to push VOD—were hooked.

Going VOD first, says President Kevin Corcoran, "allows us to demonstrate there is a sufficient demand for a 24/7 channel." At least one operator agrees. Anime is expected to announce its first deal, with Insight Communications, this week at the National Show.

Rasenberger's best advice: "Find a model that is expense-neutral and revenue-positive for the operator."

Then you can tackle world peace.


Posts: 3026 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qbidder
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Qbidder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello Scoundrel
welcome and thanx for your 2

i think you are right and im also waiting for this to reach at least $1, im here for a long ride!
i look at it like this... i own about 2mil shares and if this reaches $1 even in 3 years....well worth the wait!!!


Hi Big T

i only have 1 thing to say

------------------
Facta Non Verba


Posts: 76 | From: Chicago, NYC, Rome~Italy | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizknock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizknock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matter of time. Nothing more, nothing less.

"All we ever had to do is launch!"

------------------
whizknock


Posts: 4363 | From: waldorf,maryland,USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Crashcup
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realityinc21
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for realityinc21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Qbidder:
Reason why I'm holding strong

meeting in las vegas

Diana u gonna buy me a drink?


OF COURSE!!

------------------
DIANA


Posts: 4447 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realityinc21
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for realityinc21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scoundrel:
Finally decided to register here so I could spout my .0002 cents.

Admittedly I am an amatuer and just getting to understand some of waht goes on in the market, but looking at it from a basic standpoint the buyback goes something like this.

You have a company to build and want to raise money, you have 3 options:
1) Get a loan
2) Private funding, self or otherwise
3) Sell interest in the future of the company (issue stock)

Frank or whoever it was back then issued stock. He basically took out a loan with the investors as the loaners. They offered up a portion of their assets in exchange for money and they get to keep their assets. Fairly simple.

Next, you go through years of work and finally get things together and money starts coming in. Stock price (the stuff you sold a while back) is in the toilet though due to no momentum for so long. However, money is coming in from various angles and you have some overage of cash. So you look at all that stock out there and figure, buy it up now at .003 and when it is a $2 stock maybe issue it back out.

While 2% is not a signicant portion, it is a start. To me it signifies they have some faith, and they have some money. Money came from either private investors, who had to have more faith than average, or a bank, who required proof of their future success in some format, at the very least a solid plan to get to that future.

So, I will keep holding my shares, almost 1 million, and if it hits $5 I will paint the new sailboat something gawdy.

For those who feel Frank is ripping off the market, the ripoff, if that was his plan, would have happened years ago, he hasnt been working 7+ years to simply avoid looking guilty. I think they are gathering steam and when the second or third financials come out we will see some good things.

Could the stock vanish? Of course, thats life in the pink sheets. But the potential is what we all want.

The thing that has concerned me though is on every single news announcement which I took as positive, the price dropped, almost without exception. To me any time they discuss new markets, new advertisers, or new sponsors for homebound/hiv people, or other such income potential, these would be good things. Each time those new revenue sources were announced I watched the price drop, which tells me someone out there is being malicious, or stupid.

I do not expect the stock to hit $1 anytime soon, perhaps a year or two. A television station with proper guidance is a cash cow. You keep a good balance of programming, stick to strengths, and the money rolls in. It will take time to generate the audience. But in time, not much, they will have that audience. It will be both gays watching content more in tune with their lifestyle, and straights watching the freak show, or women watching the gay men tell them how us straight guys can't relate to their needs. Whatever draws people to the channel Im all for. Ka-Ching

The great part is that as the audience grows the names gets spread, and the audience grows faster, until the channel is as well knwon, if not viewed as much, as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and so on.

So, enough ranting, I feel my 900,000 shares will one day be a solid thing to be proud of, it will just take time. If my situation changes, I will be accumulating more soon.


CHEERS--GREAT POST!!

------------------
DIANA


Posts: 4447 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realityinc21
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for realityinc21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.tradetrek.com/NN/default.asp?symbol=QBID

QBID IS CORRECTING ITS OVERSOLD POSITION.

------------------
DIANA


Posts: 4447 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ric
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we trying a new strategy of not talking and the stock will go up. lol
Posts: 4405 | From: Bristol, Tn, USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Crashcup
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ric:
Are we trying a new strategy of not talking and the stock will go up. lol

Shhhh. mums the word


IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CashRules
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 14 posted      Profile for CashRules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any good news or something to break the silence?
Posts: 202 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CouchP
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CouchP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CashRules:
Anyone have any good news or something to break the silence?

YES!

1) BUSH WON!!!!!!!
2) I baught in again, averaged down to .0099!!
3) All I need is $.90 To pay for my house outright.


Posts: 300 | From: Albuquerque, NM, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TSHRUFUS
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 10 posted      Profile for TSHRUFUS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BUSH WON THATS GOOD NEWS
Posts: 157 | From: CLEVELAND TN UNITED STATES | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scoundrel
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoundrel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing about Bush winning in the short term is the mud slinging will die down and uncertainty is gone in terms of the winner of the election. People can get on with running the country and stop figuring out who lied, cheated or whatever else there is to do.

Anyway, qbid will survive, grow and flourish I think, if the market was not there for this effort then Viacomm would not have pursued the effort themselves. I think qbid and viacomm will be sufficiently different though to provide room for both. Viacomm will most likely take the maximum marketable approach and cater to the stereotypes and cookie cutter show formats while qbid is seeking to stand out and be something of a rebel. Both can do well, no reason they cannot. So Im not worried about comeptition. Also, it is likely viacomm will be priced higher for ad time than qbid, making qbid appealing to advertisers on less grand budgets.

Just another couple pennies from the sidelines.


Posts: 23 | From: Orlando Fl USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizknock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizknock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scoundrel:
The best thing about Bush winning in the short term is the mud slinging will die down and uncertainty is gone in terms of the winner of the election. People can get on with running the country and stop figuring out who lied, cheated or whatever else there is to do.

Anyway, qbid will survive, grow and flourish I think, if the market was not there for this effort then Viacomm would not have pursued the effort themselves. I think qbid and viacomm will be sufficiently different though to provide room for both. Viacomm will most likely take the maximum marketable approach and cater to the stereotypes and cookie cutter show formats while qbid is seeking to stand out and be something of a rebel. Both can do well, no reason they cannot. So Im not worried about comeptition. Also, it is likely viacomm will be priced higher for ad time than qbid, making qbid appealing to advertisers on less grand budgets.

Just another couple pennies from the sidelines.


It's a win win situation for QBID. Viacom's competition will only serve to increase our overall value. The worst case senario I can picture would be to have Viacom buy us out in the .30 range. It would not be a hostile
bid. Frank has a history of developing media companies & selling them.

For many that would be a win. For me it would cut short a lottery win.

"All we ever had to do is launch!"

------------------
whizknock


Posts: 4363 | From: waldorf,maryland,USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CashRules
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CashRules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You think maybe they will give us .32 I would like to make an even million.

quote:
Originally posted by whizknock:
It's a win win situation for QBID. Viacom's competition will only serve to increase our overall value. The worst case senario I can picture would be to have Viacom buy us out in the .30 range. It would not be a hostile
bid. Frank has a history of developing media companies & selling them.

For many that would be a win. For me it would cut short a lottery win.

"All we ever had to do is launch!"




Posts: 202 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 65 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65   

Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

© 1997 - 2019 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share