There's an interesting post on RB message board about VRMD new deal. Worth of reading.
An excerpt from it:
Let's compare Meridian to Patel head on:
- Meridian had assets of $3.5M - Patel has assets of $7.5M
THE PATEL DEAL IS OVER TWICE AS BIG IN TERMS OF ASSETS - I WILL DISCUSS THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS IN A MOMENT!
- Meridian had 2003 revenues of $5M - Patel had 2003 revenues of $7.5M.
THE 6 PATEL COMPANIES MADE MORE MONEY IN 2003 - THIS IS BETTER FOR US!
- Projected revenues for Meridian for 04/05 was $27M - Patel's projected revenues for 04/05 are $30M.
PATEL'S REVENUE GROWTH IS SLIGHTLY LARGER - THIS IS BETTER FOR US ALSO.
Now back to the important aspect of BOOK VALUE:
"The company believes that upon the closing of these six acquisitions the book value of Vision Real Estate Management and Development's common stock will be substantially increased. "
What does this mean?
Well book value is the BEST way to find out what our share price is going to be worth......and this is ultimately what we care about most!
So with Meridian with assets of $3.5M that would have given us a book value of $0.05 which at a multiple of 15-20 would TRANSLATE TO A SHARE PRICE OF $0.75-$1.
Now with Patel we have assets of $7.5M which gives us a book value of $0.11 meaning share price = $1.65-$2.20
IS EVERYONE LISTENING!!!! THE LAST 2 POINTS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT FOLKS -- READ THIS 3X OVER TO UNDERSTAND THE BOTTOM LINE ON THIS DEAL!!!!
7) On a "personal" note, I just "like" this deal with Patel better....His franchises are here in the USA...we can eat at our restaurants, and sleep in our motels...in short we can "touch" our company......Meridian was a very solid company but it was offshore in the BVI...Personally I feel that it is much easier to close a merger with US companies than offshore....the accounting will be easier, no possible patriot act issues and/or sarbanes oxley issues because of the offshore aspect. = THE LIKELYHOOD OF THIS MERGER CLOSING, AND CLOSING BY THE DEADLINE STATED IS VERY VERY VERY HIGH.
I Like that we are staying an Albany based, US company....I think it will make our lives as shareholders much sweeter.....and easier.
We have always stated that mergers of this type take about 90 days, and now the company has given an April 25/04 date........My gut tells me they may finish sooner than that because Patel is a "friend"....He's already a board member...this "closer" relationship will foster a better and swifter atmosphere to close this deal ASAP.
9) The company has announced a shareholder's meeting is coming because DUFFY and RHODEN wish for all of us to vote on all of the above.........THIS IS TREMENDOUS NEWS....We all get to hear first hand from these 2 fine gentlemen...I know I will be there.
Now, some of you likely have questions about the immediate share price and the shorts, etc.
Let me just say this....
THE GAME FOR THE SHORTERS IS OVER....IT WAS GOING TO BE OVER WITH THE MERIDIAN DEAL ALSO, BUT THE PATEL DEAL IS WITHOUT QUESTION GOING TO KILL ANYONE THAT STANDS IN OUR PATH. OF THIS I HAVE NO DOUBT.
Now, the shorts won't cover today or tomorrow...but IT WILL HAPPEN....and the move to AMEX is still on in case they think they can wait until the 11th hour....and AMEX specialist will ensure a forced covering of the short.
As for the share price today and onwards...? Folks forget about the day to day....
UNDERSTAND THIS ONE POINT --- WITH A BOOK VALUE OF $0.11, OUR COMPANY WILL SOON BE WORTH UPWARDS OF $1.50.
I DON'T MAKE UP ACCOUNTING AND VALUATION, THE ABOVE IS IT......AND ANYONE NOT PLEASED WITH THE NEWS TODAY...I URGE YOU TO RE-READ MY POST, AS I HAVE STATED EVERYTHING I CAN IN PLAIN TERMS!!
To close.....I could not be more pleased with today's news...it was not anticipated....but Duffy is known to do the unexpected...and he chose to go with a "better deal" for likely the reasons I put forth above.