Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Micro Penny Stocks, Penny Stocks $0.10 & Under » QBID - "Catch The Q" (Page 6)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 36 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  34  35  36   
Author Topic: QBID - "Catch The Q"
Penny-Trader
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny-Trader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man this board is slow today

Rod

--------------------
Dont buy or sell on my opinions, do your research. Make sure you know what you are buying before you buy.

This is a non reporting pink sheet with very high risk. From high risk comes high rewards.
Dont invest more then you can afford to lose.

Posts: 4801 | From: Prescott, ON, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnoozenLooze
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnoozenLooze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like more fluff to me...but it is at least working in a forwardly direction. All the pieces are in place and building - the word sounds like it is getting out!

--------------------
Don't listen to me - I stink at this!

Posts: 107 | From: Tampa, FL USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farley
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Morning all,

All the recent news is making me want to buy more and more. If only I wasn't building my new home, I would have tens of millions of QBID shares. Most of my money is tied up in building this home that I am scraping to buy more shares.

If this does in fact dip into the 2's somehow, someway I will have to buy more, this is like a Kmart blue light special, you just can't pass up a good deal like this!

--------------------
Farley

"Retiring before the age of 40!"

Posts: 73 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farley
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disclaimer: I am a bozo at reading the charts.

But here goes, Looking at the 10min interval/14 day time period.

I see the MACD has just crossed over and the RSI is at 52%. It looks to me that we will be trading sideways a bit longer.

I played with the interval and time period and it looks to me that we are in a major holding pattern (consolodation phase) and have been for quite some time now.

Everyone is always looking for the bottom to buy in, well I think we are right there. Sure we could drop a bit more but I think we have pretty much reached rock bottom. I personally don't see us dropping into the 2's. I think we will hover in the 3's till we get some concrete news on carriage agreements, sub numbers, and/or GDGA hosts.

This is all just specualtion on my part, like I said I am a novice at reading charts.

--------------------
Farley

"Retiring before the age of 40!"

Posts: 73 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny-Trader
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny-Trader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to agree with you Farley but i see the RSI at 52% and the MACD hasnt crossed over on my chart. but it does look like it is getting ready to move in that direction.

sidwys trading and consolidation is definately the order of the day.

A big PR will change that of course. but untill then i see the .003's as our base

Rod

--------------------
Dont buy or sell on my opinions, do your research. Make sure you know what you are buying before you buy.

This is a non reporting pink sheet with very high risk. From high risk comes high rewards.
Dont invest more then you can afford to lose.

Posts: 4801 | From: Prescott, ON, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny-Trader
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny-Trader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the nice thing is that the prise ticked up and rather low volume.

now all we need is to move the volume up nad things may start to look better.


Rod

--------------------
Dont buy or sell on my opinions, do your research. Make sure you know what you are buying before you buy.

This is a non reporting pink sheet with very high risk. From high risk comes high rewards.
Dont invest more then you can afford to lose.

Posts: 4801 | From: Prescott, ON, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boletus
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boletus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Barney Frank interview is pretty big news because it is an exclusive and it is the inauguration. Wonder if Chris Matthews or some of the other political reporters will be interested. I would not be suprised to start seeing Q Television reporters and hosts invited to weigh in on gay marriage and gay rights when those topics are discussed in the future. QBID is kicking sLOw GOs ass.
Posts: 347 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
permanentjaun
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for permanentjaun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not that much of a fluff PR. Did LOGO or HERE! cover the inauguration? No. Did CBS, CNN, ABC, Fox, or any other network cover the gay side of the inauguration? No. The only network that would have thought about doing the gay angle would have been Comedy Centrals "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart."

Who knows. Depending how well they covered their story QTN could be releasing the rights for other networks to do a story about how QTN covered the gay angle. This PR is fine in my books. Matt

Posts: 1504 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DIGDOUGH
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIGDOUGH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
News, looks like it came out of TV Guide!
Posts: 4245 | From: SMALLVILLE USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DIGDOUGH
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIGDOUGH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Q Television Network Gets Exclusive Insider's View of the Presidential Inauguration
Congressman Barney Frank Hosts "Q on the Move" At the Inauguration for a Special Upcoming Episode
PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - January 25th, 2005 - Q Television Network, (Pink Sheets: QBID), the television network for the gay and lesbian community, got an exclusive insider's view of the Presidential inauguration last Thursday, January 20, when Congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass) invited the network along as he attended some of the Inaugural events.
"Q on the Move" host Nick Oram covered the inaugural proceedings for Q Television as Congressman Frank's special guest.
Oram accompanied Congressman Frank to, among other places, the "Alternative Inaugural Ball," which raised money for non-incumbent Democratic candidates. In a speech to the attendees, Rep. Frank asserted that progressives must make the case that President Bush's policies are hurting minorities, gays and poor and working people. Oram also joined Rep. Frank at his interview with comedian and radio show host Al Franken.
The exclusive footage will be broadcast in upcoming episodes of "Q on the Move," the network's travelogue of gay-friendly places, people and events.
"We are grateful for Congressman Frank for giving us exclusive entrée to the places and events which are of particular interest to our viewers," said Frank Olsen, President and CEO of Q Television Network. "We promised to cover the 'gay angle' of every national event, and you can't get any bigger than the presidential inauguration."
In addition to "Q on the Move," Q Television Network is currently the home for such original programming as "WOW! Women on Women," a lesbian talk show; "Q the Music," a video program, "In FoQus," a biography program, and "On Q Live," an interactive news program.
Q Television can be found on RCN on Channel 255. For further information on programming and subscriptions please visit www.qtelevision.com
About Q Television Network
This television network was organized to create and develop a network devoted to providing television programming for the gay and lesbian community. While the company expects much of its subscriber base to be comprised of members of the gay and lesbian population, management also believes that quality programming about the gay and lesbian experience, designed to entertain, educate and inform, will attract many other segments of the viewing public. The company's programming will be available on a subscription basis to those desiring its programming. The network will broadcast 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Providing distribution via satellite ensures availability of the network across the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For further information on programming and subscriptions, please visit www.qtelevision.com <http://www.qtelevision.com>.
Safe Harbor Statement
As a cautionary note to investors, certain matters discussed in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such matters involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the following: changes in economic conditions; general competitive factors; the television network's ability to execute its business model and strategic plans; and the risks described from time to time in the company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings.

Posts: 4245 | From: SMALLVILLE USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DIGDOUGH
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIGDOUGH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, didn't know if anybody saw this. It is good that it was covered. At least its being done by somebody in that sector of the poulation for entertainment purposes.
Posts: 4245 | From: SMALLVILLE USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tqn
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tqn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank is interviewed with other networks today at Sundance.
http://www.queerlounge.org/events/programs.php

Tues Jan 25

3pm : I WANT MY GAY TV
Host: Mike Goodridge
Guests: Mark Reinhart (here!), Frank Olson (Q Television Network), Tim Ramirez (LOGO), Anna La Choca (free-lancer for Pink TV)

Television has come out of the closet! Nowadays, you can nearly always count on a new gay-themed television program with the changing of the seasons. Will & Grace, Queer Eye, The L Word...the list goes on.

Now we're raising the bar even higher. A new wave of gay television networks is converging on the entertainment industry. Find out what's in store from here!, Q Television Network, LOGO, and France's Pink TV. What are they programming? Where can you find them on your television dial? And most of all, what do they want from you? Journalist Mike Goodridge sits down with representatives from the four networks

--------------------
Come Q, the kid needs back-to-school shopping!

Posts: 734 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
permanentjaun
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for permanentjaun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice tqn
Posts: 1504 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stnkng1
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stnkng1         Edit/Delete Post 
I HAVE THIS STOCK BUT I DONT NO IF IT WILL EVER MOVE.
I REMEMBER 3 MAYBE 4 MONTHS AGO PEOPLE WERE SAYING BY JAN OR FEB THIS WOULD ATLEAST BE AT .05 AND MAYBE .10 BY MARCH IT HASNT GONE ANYWHERE IF IT HAS ALL THESE COMPANIES BACKING IT WHY ISNT IT THERE YET?
JUST ASKING I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED

--------------------
Derek S

Posts: 2270 | From: andalusia, IL, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tqn
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tqn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stnkng1:
I HAVE THIS STOCK BUT I DONT NO IF IT WILL EVER MOVE.
I REMEMBER 3 MAYBE 4 MONTHS AGO PEOPLE WERE SAYING BY JAN OR FEB THIS WOULD ATLEAST BE AT .05 AND MAYBE .10 BY MARCH IT HASNT GONE ANYWHERE IF IT HAS ALL THESE COMPANIES BACKING IT WHY ISNT IT THERE YET?
JUST ASKING I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED

i dont buy and sell stock based on what people say. would you believe me if i said this stock would cost you $10 three years from now? I buy, sell, hold based on my dd, others dds, my belief, risk tolerance.

--------------------
Come Q, the kid needs back-to-school shopping!

Posts: 734 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stanlee
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanlee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I happy with the Q?
DD that's why [Smile]
I guess some other readers on this board have not got the concept yet. LOL
Gota love them though, I was that way once. ROFLOL

--------------------
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.
~m~

Posts: 40 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denzen
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a slow day here.

dz

Posts: 1431 | From: Boulder, CO | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tqn
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tqn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
off topic - our capitalist could be next on the list

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/050121/079459.html
Press Release Source: Universal Communication Systems, Inc.


Universal Communication Systems, Inc. and Subsidiary AirWater Corporation, Together With Company Chairman Michael J. Zwebner, File an $18 Million Law Suit in United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Against Internet Poster James Coughlin of San Diego, CA., Using Internet Alias "IrishJim44"
Friday January 21, 4:00 pm ET
Company Identifies Anonymous Poster and Additional Law Suits to Follow for Each of the "John Does 1-25"


MIAMI, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Jan 21, 2005 -- Universal Communication Systems, Inc. (OTC BB:UCSY.OB - News), its wholly owned subsidiary AirWater Corporation, as well as company chairman Michael Zwebner announced today that they have filed suit against James Coughlin, Internet alias "IrishJim44", for claims totaling the amount of $18 million. The law suit has been filed in Federal Court in the Southern District of Florida.
ADVERTISEMENT


In a statement issued today, Michael J. Zwebner said: "We have now filed suit against the first of a number of Internet posters who have conducted an unrelenting vicious and malicious evil on-line campaign against the companies and me for several years. We believe and allege, based on the actual posts, made that this defendant, as well as a number of co-conspirators, embarked on a deliberate and planned evil program of defamation, libel and the repeated publication of an unrelenting barrage of false information, false innuendoes and lies, all for personal illegal and immoral gain, and to cause maximum economic and commercial damage as well as severe emotional distress to myself. As we uncover more of the anonymous aliases and posters, we fully intend to take legal action against them."

In a further statement, Michael Zwebner said: "Defamation and the unrelenting libelous publication and knowingly posting and reposting of false and libelous information, is NOT protected under ANY US laws, even the First Amendment. This defendant, and a number of others, acted with extreme evil intent and malice, at all times hiding behind a supposedly anonymous Internet alias. We intend to aggressively pursue legal action, to uncover ALL the anonymous posters (aliases) who have engaged and continue to enact on-line defamation, and then take action and file applicable law suits against ALL these posters, however long it takes. We are very intent on actively pursuing this course of action, to bring these evil defendants to justice. Other Internet posters should seek legal advice BEFORE making wild, accusatory, false and defamatory statements on the Internet and elsewhere."

COMPANY RECEIVES MANY THOUSANDS OF PAGES OF DEFAMATORY AND ACCUSATORY DOCUMENTS VIA DISCOVERY FROM GOVERNMENT OFFICES.

The company also announced today that, following extensive discovery in recent litigation cases, the company is now privy to new information relating to illegal activities of a number of individuals posting on the Internet and making false accusatory reports to a number of Government Law Enforcement officials. In particular, the company, having issued a Public Records Request, Under Chapter 119, Fla. Stats, has received official copies of thousands of pages of emails, faxes and other communications all relating and revealing the large number of false complaints and filings made to a large number of both US and International Law Enforcement Agencies.

Mr. Zwebner stated: "It is totally incredible to uncover the unbelievable lengths and methods of deceit, lies and the issuances of false statements that these Internet posters / aliases went to, in their unrelenting attempts to cause severe economic damage to our companies and to myself as well as severe emotional distress. We are now aggressively dealing with them, one at a time."

--------------------
Come Q, the kid needs back-to-school shopping!

Posts: 734 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMC
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Allstocks but IHUB is where it's happening as far as Q chat. Lot's of very good info and insights. Yea, the usual/occasional jerks, but they're everywhere.

Great PR today - patience is the key.


quote:
Originally posted by denzen:
This is a slow day here.

dz


Posts: 63 | From: Kirkland, WA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pennies to Dollars
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennies to Dollars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can more than likely hold this truth to be self-evident; there are no carriers.

My question to the more experienced investors on the board is why do you think we haven't gotten them yet and do you think we eventually will?

Thanks everyone. Go Q!

Posts: 798 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
permanentjaun
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for permanentjaun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was gonna say Pennies. All because you can't see something doesn't mean its not there. With all the business Frank is involved in I would be very ignorant to say we're not getting carriers.
Posts: 1504 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pennies to Dollars
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennies to Dollars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by permanentjaun:
I was gonna say Pennies. All because you can't see something doesn't mean its not there. With all the business Frank is involved in I would be very ignorant to say we're not getting carriers.

You're probably right, but how does QBID justify no announcement of carriers when they promised this to us three weeks ago?

Sorry, I have no intention of bashing this company whatsoever, I'm just cynical and I'm looking to see if others can provide me with realistic answers that I can't seem to find elsewhere.

Posts: 798 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IROC
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for IROC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pennies to Dollars:
quote:
Originally posted by permanentjaun:
I was gonna say Pennies. All because you can't see something doesn't mean its not there. With all the business Frank is involved in I would be very ignorant to say we're not getting carriers.

You're probably right, but how does QBID justify no announcement of carriers when they promised this to us three weeks ago?

Sorry, I have no intention of bashing this company whatsoever, I'm just cynical and I'm looking to see if others can provide me with realistic answers that I can't seem to find elsewhere.

i must agree, the company is losing its credibility with all the delays and broken promises. the company doesnt report financials or anything. investors rely on the prs and the ceo's word. and if they cant rely on the ceo's word anymore, its going to be reflected in the pps.
Posts: 824 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denzen
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully this will work both ways thus bringing more severe penalties for corrupt CEOs.

dz

quote:
Originally posted by tqn:
off topic - our capitalist could be next on the list

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/050121/079459.html
Press Release Source: Universal Communication Systems, Inc.


Universal Communication Systems, Inc. and Subsidiary AirWater Corporation, Together With Company Chairman Michael J. Zwebner, File an $18 Million Law Suit in United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Against Internet Poster James Coughlin of San Diego, CA., Using Internet Alias "IrishJim44"
Friday January 21, 4:00 pm ET
Company Identifies Anonymous Poster and Additional Law Suits to Follow for Each of the "John Does 1-25"


MIAMI, FL--(MARKET WIRE)--Jan 21, 2005 -- Universal Communication Systems, Inc. (OTC BB:UCSY.OB - News), its wholly owned subsidiary AirWater Corporation, as well as company chairman Michael Zwebner announced today that they have filed suit against James Coughlin, Internet alias "IrishJim44", for claims totaling the amount of $18 million. The law suit has been filed in Federal Court in the Southern District of Florida.
ADVERTISEMENT


In a statement issued today, Michael J. Zwebner said: "We have now filed suit against the first of a number of Internet posters who have conducted an unrelenting vicious and malicious evil on-line campaign against the companies and me for several years. We believe and allege, based on the actual posts, made that this defendant, as well as a number of co-conspirators, embarked on a deliberate and planned evil program of defamation, libel and the repeated publication of an unrelenting barrage of false information, false innuendoes and lies, all for personal illegal and immoral gain, and to cause maximum economic and commercial damage as well as severe emotional distress to myself. As we uncover more of the anonymous aliases and posters, we fully intend to take legal action against them."

In a further statement, Michael Zwebner said: "Defamation and the unrelenting libelous publication and knowingly posting and reposting of false and libelous information, is NOT protected under ANY US laws, even the First Amendment. This defendant, and a number of others, acted with extreme evil intent and malice, at all times hiding behind a supposedly anonymous Internet alias. We intend to aggressively pursue legal action, to uncover ALL the anonymous posters (aliases) who have engaged and continue to enact on-line defamation, and then take action and file applicable law suits against ALL these posters, however long it takes. We are very intent on actively pursuing this course of action, to bring these evil defendants to justice. Other Internet posters should seek legal advice BEFORE making wild, accusatory, false and defamatory statements on the Internet and elsewhere."

COMPANY RECEIVES MANY THOUSANDS OF PAGES OF DEFAMATORY AND ACCUSATORY DOCUMENTS VIA DISCOVERY FROM GOVERNMENT OFFICES.

The company also announced today that, following extensive discovery in recent litigation cases, the company is now privy to new information relating to illegal activities of a number of individuals posting on the Internet and making false accusatory reports to a number of Government Law Enforcement officials. In particular, the company, having issued a Public Records Request, Under Chapter 119, Fla. Stats, has received official copies of thousands of pages of emails, faxes and other communications all relating and revealing the large number of false complaints and filings made to a large number of both US and International Law Enforcement Agencies.

Mr. Zwebner stated: "It is totally incredible to uncover the unbelievable lengths and methods of deceit, lies and the issuances of false statements that these Internet posters / aliases went to, in their unrelenting attempts to cause severe economic damage to our companies and to myself as well as severe emotional distress. We are now aggressively dealing with them, one at a time."


Posts: 1431 | From: Boulder, CO | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denzen
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was coincidental timing as I was interupted with a phone call as I responded to TQN's post.

Interesting though!

DZ

Posts: 1431 | From: Boulder, CO | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
permanentjaun
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for permanentjaun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Ms. Rasanberger stated when QTN signed her, giving deadlines is a nail in the coffin in the media business.

We've heard it before that carriers don't want any info leaked about contracts till they are absolutely a done deal. Frank and company made a mistake giving dates that they'd have a carrier signed by.

See what happens? Deadlines are missed and people start disbelieving in the company. I doubt we'll hear anything more about carriers or deadlines of any sort till they are done.

Don't lose faith in QTN. All because they have missed the generalized deadlines does that make all the past of QTN pointless? They have released a lot of important information that makes them an extremely reputable company.

As far as comparing QTN to say AOL, SIRI, MSFT we've got nothing. Now compare QTN to other penny stocks. In those terms they might as well be MSFT. Matt

Posts: 1504 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IROC
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for IROC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this was in the pr from december 9th

"having finalized many of our carrier agreements worldwide with many more in the works, we stand firm on our belief of being a multi-billion dollar media company in the foreseeable future"

if they have finalized carrier agreements almost 2 months ago. why are we still waiting for the announcement?

Posts: 824 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
permanentjaun
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for permanentjaun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ask me I'd say there is a difference between a contract and an agreement. The gay games are a contract. It's locked. Carriers aren't for sure till there is a contract. Matt
Posts: 1504 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pennies to Dollars
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennies to Dollars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunnerv8383:
this was in the pr from december 9th

"having finalized many of our carrier agreements worldwide with many more in the works, we stand firm on our belief of being a multi-billion dollar media company in the foreseeable future"

if they have finalized carrier agreements almost 2 months ago. why are we still waiting for the announcement?

That was referring to carrier deals for the Gay Games only.
Posts: 798 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pennies to Dollars
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pennies to Dollars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this was posted, or has any relevance for that matter but....

http://www.qtelevision.com/scottwithers.asp

Posts: 798 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IROC
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for IROC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pennies to Dollars:
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunnerv8383:
this was in the pr from december 9th

"having finalized many of our carrier agreements worldwide with many more in the works, we stand firm on our belief of being a multi-billion dollar media company in the foreseeable future"

if they have finalized carrier agreements almost 2 months ago. why are we still waiting for the announcement?

That was referring to carrier deals for the Gay Games only.
why would they be finalizing carrier agreements for the 2006 games, when they dont even have carriers finalized now for the network for 2005? doesnt make alot of sense to have carriers for something that is 1 1/2 years away. right now qtv is only available in a few cities. not going to do any good till people will be able to actually watch qtv.
Posts: 824 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefly
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for firefly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on folks (road), Think about it. This knee jerk reaction kills me.
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/041228/285196_1.html
Q Television Network's ''Q On the Move'' To Be On 150 Stations Nationwide
Tuesday December 28, 2:23 pm ET
Show Will Be Distributed Starting February 2005


PALM SPRINGS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 28, 2004--Q Television Network, (Pink Sheets: QBID - News) announced today that one of its signature shows, "Q On The Move," will be available on 150 stations nationwide. This will enhance national awareness and provide a revenue boost for the network.
"Q on the Move" will begin airing on the 150 stations on February 14th, 2005 and will continue for 13 full weeks. Stations and specific air times will be announced in the near future.

"Q on the Move" is a weekly, one-hour show which spotlights the gay life, culture and businesses in different cities. The show travels all over the country -- Seattle and Washington DC have already been featured and Atlanta will follow. The popular show includes prominent gay celebrities with Congressman Barney Frank recently featured on the Washington DC show.

"It is good to have carriage companies knocking on our door instead of us going to them. It creates a new profit center for us," stated Frank Olsen, President and CEO of Q Television Network. "Q Television will announce its expanding coverage areas for its 24/7 signal very soon," said Olsen.

About Q Television Network

This television network was organized to create and develop a network devoted to providing television programming for the gay and lesbian community. While the company expects much of its subscriber base to be comprised of members of the gay and lesbian population, management also believes that quality programming about the gay and lesbian experience, designed to entertain, educate and inform, will attract many other segments of the viewing public. The company's programming will be available on a subscription basis to those desiring its programming. The network will broadcast 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Providing distribution via satellite ensures availability of the network across the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For further information on programming and subscriptions, please visit www.qtelevision.com.

Safe Harbor Statement

As a cautionary note to investors, certain matters discussed in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such matters involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the following: changes in economic conditions; general competitive factors; the television network's ability to execute its business model and strategic plans; and the risks described from time to time in the company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact:
CWR & Partners, LLP
Ronnie Welch, 508-222-4802
Ronnie@cwrpartners.com


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Q Television Network

[ January 25, 2005, 18:26: Message edited by: firefly ]

--------------------
don't sweat the small stuff.

Posts: 3439 | From: ATL | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lindy
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Time is on my side"
Mick Jagger

Holding...not in a hurry, not loosing hope
same as yesterday

--------------------
Lindy

Posts: 381 | From: Longmont, Co. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airdoo
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for airdoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
keepin the faith

--------------------
I'M GONNA BE RICH BEFORE I'M 30!!!!

Posts: 502 | From: spring lake, nc, usa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
permanentjaun
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for permanentjaun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[/qb][/QUOTE]why would they be finalizing carrier agreements for the 2006 games, when they dont even have carriers finalized now for the network for 2005? doesnt make alot of sense to have carriers for something that is 1 1/2 years away. right now qtv is only available in a few cities. not going to do any good till people will be able to actually watch qtv. [/QB][/QUOTE]

You're not in the same mindset as Frank. Why do networks battle over the contracts for Monday Night Football, college football, etc. for years to come? First it's obvious profit for the company since they'll be the only ones broadcasting the material. In QTN's case it also solidifies the fact that QTN will still be around several years from now. It establishes the future of QTN.

The gay games committee could have signed the rights to ESPN and probably brought more coverage to the games but would ESPN really bother broadcasting them; at least to the extent that the gay games want them broadcasted?

So they looked to a network they believed would. Why didn't they sign the rights to Here!? Why didnt they sign the rights to LOGO?

Besides all that. From the gay games perspective, you don't just think about who is going to broadcast your event a week ahead of time. How far ahead do they plan where the summer and winter olympics are held? Everything takes time. I'm in for the long haul. Matt

Posts: 1504 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 36 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  34  35  36   

Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

© 1997 - 2019 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share