Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Micro Penny Stocks, Penny Stocks $0.10 & Under » QBID XIV - QTV is on the air! (Page 70)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 74 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74   
Author Topic: QBID XIV - QTV is on the air!
BoulderBuddy
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoulderBuddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glfpimp:
that's cool...I am from Rochester. Went to UMD for two years, now I am in Minneapolis at the Carlson School of Management. Personally, I hated Duluth, but then again I am not big into hiking or anything of that sort.

I hear you. In Duluth, I really liked the Glensheen mansion. I've even been on the upper level where the boys stayed and has the trophy room, which they don't show due to fire hazard. Also loved the mystery of the Condon murders which surround the mansion. From there I would travel north to Tettegouch State Park, HC Magney SP, and also miss the Blue Fin Bay Resort.

You must be loving Mpls. I've had a ton of wild nights there. Love the concerts. Not so keen on the Target center though.

[This message has been edited by BoulderBuddy (edited September 24, 2004).]


Posts: 118 | From: Boulder, CO, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoulderBuddy:
I hear you. In Duluth, I really liked the Glensheen mansion. I've even been on the upper level where the boys stayed and has the trophy room, which they don't show due to fire hazard. Also loved the mystery of the Condon murders which surround the mansion. From there I would travel north to Tettegouch State Park, HC Magney SP, and also miss the Blue Fin Bay Resort.

You must be loving Mpls. I've had a ton of wild nights there. Love the concerts. Not so keen on the Target center though.

[This message has been edited by BoulderBuddy (edited September 24, 2004).]



I hear you on the Glensheen...I did go there several times. It was really interesting to see that place. Although the tour guides aren't supposed to talk about the murders, one time I had a guide that told us pretty much everything so that was kind of cool to hear.


Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jordanreed
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for jordanreed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glfpimp:

I hear you on the Glensheen...I did go there several times. It was really interesting to see that place. Although the tour guides aren't supposed to talk about the murders, one time I had a guide that told us pretty much everything so that was kind of cool to hear.
im a st paul man myself-midway area


Posts: 5812 | From: st paul,mn | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoulderBuddy
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoulderBuddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, all of the trades are going through at .0044 for the last half hour.
Posts: 118 | From: Boulder, CO, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnoozenLooze
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnoozenLooze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoulderBuddy:
Hey Snoozen, I'm loving Boulder. I moved here from central MN about 1.5 yrs ago. I'm a big hiker and love hiking in Rocky Mountain Natl Park. Oh wow, so beautiful. This year I'm trying snow shoeing. We had nothing like this in MN. Closest thing was the North Shore up by Duluth. The people here in CO are so friendly. I love it!


I'm jealous. I'm a huge snowboarder and mountain biker. I can't find any mountains near Tampa. Are they a bit further East?
I have some good friends in CO still that are from MN. I swear there was a mass exodus out of MN some years ago - everyone that moved in to town was from MN! I have a buddy that live in Broomfield that's from you neck of the woods in St Cloud..


Posts: 107 | From: Tampa, FL USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzainiee
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzainiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the person who wanted to see the Q symbol.

Thank you King Crimsom for tying up that loose end.

Click on Headlines on that page, then scroll down to week 36.

QTV N was added 8-30-04--just like Miss_gulfcoast posted.

Getting the signal out was the problem--it was there by September 1, 2004--typical television delay.

The feds came down on CBS for Janet Jackson's busting out stunt.

Does anyone really believe that QTV N's listing on the satelite website is a gigantic hoax?

"Nooooooooooo!" says this 4realgirl.


Posts: 1397 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I posted the following on Craig's List in SanFran:

Do you have RCN Cable? What's on Channel 250/255?
Hi.
I know- weird request- but Qtv, the new gay & lesbian tv network, insists that they are broadcasting on RCN cable channel 250 or 255 (mixed reports).

The investors in this new network's stock (it's a penny stock), me being one of them, are trying to confirm that this is actually happening. I personally only know people in SanFran with Direct TV, but QTV is only on RCN.

So, if you have RCN, could you flip to those two channels, 250 and 255, and let me know what you see? I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks =)
--------------------------------

response: (notice the email addy @RCN.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: steve ********* [mailto:*****@rcn.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 2:09 PM
To: anon-43483903@craigslist.org
Subject: I see QTV on 255 and pay per view on 250

on RCN

--------------------------

I'll let you know if I get more responses. I feel very reassured by his @RCN email address.

~BB



Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoulderBuddy
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoulderBuddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SnoozenLooze:

I'm jealous. I'm a huge snowboarder and mountain biker. I can't find any mountains near Tampa. Are they a bit further East?
I have some good friends in CO still that are from MN. I swear there was a mass exodus out of MN some years ago - everyone that moved in to town was from MN! I have a buddy that live in Broomfield that's from you neck of the woods in St Cloud..

Seems like everyone is a transplant here. There are a few things I miss though, like White Castle, Ole & Lena jokes, Ice Fishing.

This winter I'm going up to glenwood springs to enjoy the hot springs. I'd like to try snowboarding, they say its easier than skiing. Next summer out to Moaab for the redrocks.


Posts: 118 | From: Boulder, CO, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 12 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry guys, but the person talk is getting kind of abundant? could you get a room?
...don't mean to be the board patrol ;-)

Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigrod40
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigrod40         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well lets see here!!
The only nationally broadcasting TV channel under a penny.....
Everyone else over a $1.00 (if my memory serves me correct).....
WTF is going on??? ANYONE!!!

Posts: 1637 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunny
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Boulder...you get that hot tub repaired yet?

Volume is about 200 million..picking back up again. Good sign.


Posts: 3727 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnoozenLooze
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnoozenLooze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoulderBuddy:
Seems like everyone is a transplant here. There are a few things I miss though, like White Castle, Ole & Lena jokes, Ice Fishing.

This winter I'm going up to glenwood springs to enjoy the hot springs. I'd like to try snowboarding, they say its easier than skiing. Next summer out to Moaab for the redrocks.


Skiing is easier than snowboarding, just for the record. I could keep blabbering on about Boulder for hours, but I better take it out of the forum so I don't get flogged. I have some great recommendations on places to check out if you'd ever like to be steered properly Send me an email at aiiiiiiyeee at yahoo dot com.


Posts: 107 | From: Tampa, FL USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbpkt
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbpkt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betting babe:
So, I posted the following on Craig's List in SanFran:

Do you have RCN Cable? What's on Channel 250/255?
Hi.
I know- weird request- but Qtv, the new gay & lesbian tv network, insists that they are broadcasting on RCN cable channel 250 or 255 (mixed reports).

The investors in this new network's stock (it's a penny stock), me being one of them, are trying to confirm that this is actually happening. I personally only know people in SanFran with Direct TV, but QTV is only on RCN.

So, if you have RCN, could you flip to those two channels, 250 and 255, and let me know what you see? I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks =)


That was a good idea. I use that website for all types of stuff besides buying and selling, but I never thought about using it for that. Good call.


Posts: 1120 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoulderBuddy
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BoulderBuddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry BB to offend you, just trying to get to know other traders on the board during the void in the regurgitation of PR news.

Snooze I'll take you up on those recommendations. Email coming shortly.

Sunny - the hole is filled, just waiting on the drying time.


Posts: 118 | From: Boulder, CO, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Crashcup
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Crashcup:
I have a Brother that lives in San Mateo, CA. I believe RCN services San Mateo. I just sent him an E-Mail to see if he subscribes to cable. If yes, I will call him to see if he can see the Q. I will let everyone know either way. Sorry I didn't think of this sooner.

Sorry guys here's his response:

Negative - if I were to subscribe, however, I think the provider would be Comcast.


IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no offense at all, but there were a couple posts getting lost that i felt were important in between...
sorry if i offended you! =)
~BB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BoulderBuddy:
Sorry BB to offend you, just trying to get to know other traders on the board during the void in the regurgitation of PR news.
[QUOTE]


Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 10 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can I repost this? and by the way, i emailed him back to say thanks, and he said "no worries...I'm sitting right next to the TV" so i take this to be genuine.
-------------------------------

So, I posted the following on Craig's List in SanFran:
Do you have RCN Cable? What's on Channel 250/255?
Hi.
I know- weird request- but Qtv, the new gay & lesbian tv network, insists that they are broadcasting on RCN cable channel 250 or 255 (mixed reports).

The investors in this new network's stock (it's a penny stock), me being one of them, are trying to confirm that this is actually happening. I personally only know people in SanFran with Direct TV, but QTV is only on RCN.

So, if you have RCN, could you flip to those two channels, 250 and 255, and let me know what you see? I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks =)
--------------------------------

response: (notice the email addy @RCN.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: steve ********* [mailto:*****@rcn.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 2:09 PM
To: anon-43483903@craigslist.org
Subject: I see QTV on 255 and pay per view on 250

on RCN

--------------------------

I'll let you know if I get more responses. I feel very reassured by his @RCN email address.

~BB


Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzainiee
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzainiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BettingBabe for posting the response for us. I do appreciate your taking the time to send out inquiry emails.

If The Terminator himself came on national news and announced that QTV was on Channel 255 in the SF area, someone would get on this board and post,

"He didn't say that RCN was the carrier."

"He didn't say that he actually saw it."

"He didn't mention the buyback of shares."

...and on and on with their attempts to spilt hairs inorder to twist the facts for their own "twisted" purposes.

What time? What show? What baloney!

Makes me feel even more grateful that I have a life.

Go QBID!!!!!!!!!!


Posts: 1397 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much going on right now so I figured I would post this. I was searching TV listings to see if I could find anything for QTV. However, it seems like they have not been updated yet. Also, looking at the RCN website, I found the last time they updated their cable lineup was 10/31/03. So, I am assuming that it will be updated again around the end of October. It would be interesting to see a channel line-up. Anyway, here is a link (if you haven't already looked) to the areas that receive rcn...not just the state, but the cities to be more specific. h t t p : / / w w w . r c n . c o m / c a b l e t v / l i n e u p M a i n . p h p
Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunny
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to hairsplit, but isn't it QTN? (not QTV)

I thought QTV was a completely different channel. Just curious.


Posts: 3727 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King Crimson
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Crimson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sunny...it's "Q TV Network"

go to...
http://www.lyngsat.com/ia7.html


Posts: 702 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, listen, if channel 255 had a big Q on it, i think he got the point.

either that, or it is a HUGE coincidence that another Q channel is broadcasting on RCN channel 255...
~BB


Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King Crimson
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Crimson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bb~ thanks for that confirmation (albeit second-hand) and the work...

suz...anytime..


Posts: 702 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunny
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Betting Babe...not doubting you at all..I was just wrong about the abbreviation...for some reason I thought it was QTN...Q Television Network....

Thanks.


Posts: 3727 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinsumLosesum
Member


Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinsumLosesum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off - topic:

Go, WAGI, go.


Posts: 1872 | From: right here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RESPONSE TO MY CRAIGS LIST POSTING #2:

-----Original Message-----
From: *********@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 3:03 PM
To: anon-43483903@craigslist.org
Subject: Do you have RCN Cable? What's on Channel 250/255?

Right now on channel 255 its something with an actress know as Stockard Channing it looks like an old sitcm from the early 80's, but the channel doesnt even play, it's like there playing a worn tape and it is sorta scrambled but not and on channel 250 it is the on demand selection. Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Jordan
------------------------
~BB


Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzainiee
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 10 posted      Profile for suzainiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Sunny.

The Terminator didn't say, "QTN"!


Posts: 1397 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunny
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suz--LOL


Posts: 3727 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betting babe:
yeah, listen, if channel 255 had a big Q on it, i think he got the point.

either that, or it is a HUGE coincidence that another Q channel is broadcasting on RCN channel 255...
~BB


sorry for the error. I generally refer to it as QTV because then it makes it obvious that it is a tv channel. However, yes it should be known as QTN. I just emailed RCN for confirmation on the status of the broadcast to San Fran customers. Also, I asked several other question. Now that I think about it, I asked if he could provide a channel line up rather than a program lineup....I'm an idiot. Oh well, hopefully I get a reply soon, I will keep you posted.


Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betting babe:
RESPONSE TO MY CRAIGS LIST POSTING #2:

-----Original Message-----
From: *********@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 3:03 PM
To: anon-43483903@craigslist.org
Subject: Do you have RCN Cable? What's on Channel 250/255?

Right now on channel 255 its something with an actress know as Stockard Channing it looks like an old sitcm from the early 80's, but the channel doesnt even play, it's like there playing a worn tape and it is sorta scrambled but not and on channel 250 it is the on demand selection. Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Jordan



Hopefully gay people aren't too picky!


Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunny
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 10 posted      Profile for sunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glp...you're not an idiot!!! I, too, always think of a million new questions to ask as soon as I've hung up the phone! And so it goes.
Posts: 3727 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, an inconsistent signal would explain why they can't charge for it yet and why they aren't advertising it for sale yet.

~BB


Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betting babe:
RESPONSE TO MY CRAIGS LIST POSTING #2:

-----Original Message-----
From: *********@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 3:03 PM
To: anon-43483903@craigslist.org
Subject: Do you have RCN Cable? What's on Channel 250/255?

Right now on channel 255 its something with an actress know as Stockard Channing it looks like an old sitcm from the early 80's, but the channel doesnt even play, it's like there playing a worn tape and it is sorta scrambled but not and on channel 250 it is the on demand selection. Hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Jordan



Hey, when he says that channel 250 is the On Demand selection, he is talking about like HBO or Cinemax on demand right? Or is there also an ON demand channel for QTN i.e. it is broadcast on two channels, 1 is straight line (no pun intended), and the other is on demand?


Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user095263
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for user095263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the first response said that 250 was pay-per-view and 255 was QTV.
the second said 250 was on-demand.

so, i think 250 is your general pay per view, on demand, cable channel. in nyc we call it movie on demand, and you get a list of movies that you can order via your remote that last 24 hours. it's also called video on demand.
hbo on demand and showtime on demand are totally different channels. (i have them all, ok? heah.)

~BB

[This message has been edited by betting babe (edited September 24, 2004).]


Posts: 2651 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betting babe:
the first response said that 250 was pay-per-view and 255 was QTV.
the second said 250 was on-demand.

so, i think 250 is your general pay per view, on demand, cable channel. in nyc we call it movie on demand, and you get a list of movies that you can order via your remote that last 24 hours. it's also called video on demand.
hbo on demand and showtime on demand are totally different channels. (i have them all, ok? heah.)

~BB

[This message has been edited by betting babe (edited September 24, 2004).]


actually HBO on demand and Cinemax on demand are pretty much the same thing... the key is on demand...IE you just order what you want (that plays on those channels). If it is In demand, that means it is a pay-per-view whereas on demand is with the service if you have it.

On a side note, do you have HDTV? I must say that is absolutely amazing. I have a 65" hdtv and 6.1 surround and with hdtv you can get awesome sound, and the picture is just unbelievable.



Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 74 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

© 1997 - 2019 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share