Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Micro Penny Stocks, Penny Stocks $0.10 & Under » QBID XVI (Page 14)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 48 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  46  47  48   
Author Topic: QBID XVI
sonnydbar
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonnydbar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry JB, thanks. Guess I should read before I repost.
Posts: 696 | From: Amish Country, PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous_lurker
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymous_lurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
incredible activity of bashers on each boards covering Q. Good sign in my opinion!!!
Monday will be very interesting.
As usually i will be adding to my position.

O.K
Here is my third attempt to gather your thoughts about.

How the Qbid stock with estimated float around 9b shares could move up 20 percent on the volume roughly 56m?????
It happened last week as everyone remember.


Posts: 328 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBCak47
Member


Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JBCak47     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The float? Do you mean O/S or A/S?

The authorizied total is 15 billion, with 9 billion O/S. However at least 51% of the O/S is owned by frank with how much more being owned by insiders? (I have NO clue, could be 1% or it could be 15% more...)

That leaves probably 3.5-4 billion for the float... Now how much are held by longs? That would never sell unless it hit .25, .5, .75, $1, $1.25, $1.50, ect, ect. Now you see the float isn't as big as some have it out, imho... Hell even with ALL SHARES IN THE FLOAT, 15 BILLION, Viacom still says we are worth .06-.07 per share!!! (A G/L TV Network worth at least $1 billion)

Now since that isn't the case and the number is only 9 billion, we are then worth .11 - .12 pps....

Now what if they do buy back 200 million -400 million shares??? Our price goes up even higher... Maybe .15 that is not taking into account any revenue or anything like that.


Posts: 759 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous_lurker
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymous_lurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Thanks for response.
is there any formula to estimate shares available for the market???
Maybe my question is dumb, but I have never been involved into pink stocks.
I am trading only blue chips.
Spotted Qbid february this year, and from then i am holding core position. already made a ton of money on it, but i am aiming to final payroll feb 2005.
I have strong feelings that we are into the winner here!!!!

Soforth, Mr.Olsen kept each promise. we are on track. Hotline damaged a lot of things in due course.

So for now, You can subtract my 12m from float. Secured untill next year.
I do own another few m, still planning to add during this week.


quote:
Originally posted by JBCak47:
The float? Do you mean O/S or A/S?

The authorizied total is 15 billion, with 9 billion O/S. However at least 51% of the O/S is owned by frank with how much more being owned by insiders? (I have NO clue, could be 1% or it could be 15% more...)

That leaves probably 3.5-4 billion for the float... Now how much are held by longs? That would never sell unless it hit .25, .5, .75, $1, $1.25, $1.50, ect, ect. Now you see the float isn't as big as some have it out, imho... Hell even with ALL SHARES IN THE FLOAT, 15 BILLION, Viacom still says we are worth .06-.07 per share!!! (A G/L TV Network worth at least $1 billion)

Now since that isn't the case and the number is only 9 billion, we are then worth .11 - .12 pps....

Now what if they do buy back 200 million -400 million shares??? Our price goes up even higher... Maybe .15 that is not taking into account any revenue or anything like that.



Posts: 328 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BT
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out guys. Can't understand the date, maybe a typo? I just signed for free trial to get full story for us.

http://tinyurl.com/2l5t6

A Queer Deal
Q Television taps Michael Marcovsky to negotiate cable coverage

By John M. Higgins -- Broadcasting & Cable, 7/12/2004

It took six long years, but gay network Q Television is finally up. Technically speaking. Too bad no one is watching. The Palm Springs, Calif.-based network sends programming to a satellite, where it's available to cable or DBS operators that want to carry it. So far, all have passed.

Q Television, which is composed largely of an eight-hour wheel of old movies and TV reruns, has had a deal with Time Warner Cable for eight months. The catch: It's only a "hunting license." The network has to persuade each local system to take the channel.

That doesn't keep Q Television CEO Frank Olsen from expressing unwavering confidence in his idea, even in the face of competition from Viacom's MTV Networks, which is launching gay channel Logo. Olsen contends that the MTV offering will be too bland to appeal to gays and lesbians. By contrast, Q plans to offer sexier gay films, ones (such as My Girlfriend's Boyfriend) that merit an R-rating.

"I'm not afraid of Viacom," he says. "I don't think Viacom can put real gay television out there."

Such bravado in the face of a mighty competitor isn't the only unusual thing about Q Television. Another is its financial structure. Parent Triangle Multi-Media is a penny-stock company with more than 1.2 billion shares outstanding. (That's almost as many as Viacom.) Triangle stock is trading at 6/10 of a cent per share, which puts the value of the company at around $7 million.

A bigger surprise: Q Television's recent hiring of Michael Marcovsky to handle negotiations with cable operators. Marcovsky is an industry vet who was embroiled in two financial scandals in the past decade. In 1998, the Federal Trade Commission alleged that he deceived investors in two failed startups: My Pet TV and Children's Cable Network. Four years earlier, he was cast out of Nostalgia Network by his backers—including the Unification Church—who accused him of financial mismanagement, such as improperly steering company cash to his attorney.

In announcing Marcovsky's deal with Q Television, the network proclaimed that the executive "joins" to "lead carriage-contract negotiations." Its Web site listed him as chairman, president and CEO. Olsen, however, says Marcovsky just has a 30-day consulting agreement and that the title was a mistake. (It was trimmed from the site shortly after it was pointed out.)

Olsen says he began learning bits of Marcovsky's full background only after hiring him. "I'll ask him about that," Olsen says, adding, "That wasn't in his résumé."

For his part, Marcovsky minimizes his past tangles. Raising the FTC action is a "rehash" of old news, he says. "You're going to say, 'These are the times he's fallen off the bicycle. We don't want to see him get back on his bike.'"

Marcovsky was a prominent target of the FTC's "Project Risky Business" investigation of telemarketing investment pitches. The 1998 complaint charges that he was involved in an operation that raised $16.5 million for a venture backing My Pet TV and Children's Cable Network.

Instead of securing conventional long-term deals with cable operators, the telemarketing operation sold small investors on the idea of getting distribution by buying time on systems' leased-access channels, then trying to sell ad time.

Very little of the cash went into the networks.

Of the $16.5 million raised from investors, the venture paid 65% to the phone sales operation. Another 20% went to Olympic Entertainment Group, the company Marcovsky headed as CEO. Marcovsky denied any wrongdoing but, in 1999, agreed to pay a $172,000 penalty, according to a settlement document.

He says his company wasn't involved in the pitches to investors, only in licensing programming to the partnerships the investors formed.

At Nostalgia, Marcovsky brought in Concept Communications, a company backed by the Unification Church, to invest in the network, aimed at adults 55-plus. During a fight for control, Concept and other major investors began scrutinizing tiny Nostalgia's lavish spending, including a $650,000 payment to Marcovsky's lawyer. At the time, Marcovsky said he was sacked. Today, he says, "I lost a control fight."

So why did Olsen hire Marcovsky to represent him with companies like Comcast, DirecTV and Cox? Marcovsky was recommended by an unnamed TV-industry contact. Olsen tapped Marcovsky after a three-hour meeting. "I learned more from him in three hours than I learned from others in four years," Olsen says.

Now, though, he's re-evaluating his choice, reiterating that Marcovsky's consulting agreement could be canceled within 30 days. Says Olsen, "I don't think he can do too much to me in 30 days."

[This message has been edited by 1BigTip (edited July 11, 2004).]


Posts: 3026 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous_lurker
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymous_lurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in my opinion this news are planned to hit outfits monday morning. timing issue.
we all already know that this article is full of bs. kind of private vendetta i believe.

Big boys are shaking with Q in mind!!!

GLTA


quote:
Originally posted by 1BigTip:
Check this out guys. Can't understand the date, maybe a typo? I just signed for free trial to get full story for us.

http://tinyurl.com/2l5t6

A Queer Deal
Q Television taps Michael Marcovsky to negotiate cable coverage

By John M. Higgins -- Broadcasting & Cable, 7/12/2004

It took six long years, but gay network Q Television is finally up. Technically speaking. Too bad no one is watching. The Palm Springs, Calif.-based network sends programming to a satellite, where it's available to cable or DBS operators that want to carry it. So far, all have passed.

Q Television, which is composed largely of an eight-hour wheel of old movies and TV reruns, has had a deal with Time Warner Cable for eight months. The catch: It's only a "hunting license." The network has to persuade each local system to take the channel.

That doesn't keep Q Television CEO Frank Olsen from expressing unwavering confidence in his idea, even in the face of competition from Viacom's MTV Networks, which is launching gay channel Logo. Olsen contends that the MTV offering will be too bland to appeal to gays and lesbians. By contrast, Q plans to offer sexier gay films, ones (such as My Girlfriend's Boyfriend) that merit an R-rating.

"I'm not afraid of Viacom," he says. "I don't think Viacom can put real gay television out there."

Such bravado in the face of a mighty competitor isn't the only unusual thing about Q Television. Another is its financial structure. Parent Triangle Multi-Media is a penny-stock company with more than 1.2 billion shares outstanding. (That's almost as many as Viacom.) Triangle stock is trading at 6/10 of a cent per share, which puts the value of the company at around $7 million.

A bigger surprise: Q Television's recent hiring of Michael Marcovsky to handle negotiations with cable operators. Marcovsky is an industry vet who was embroiled in two financial scandals in the past decade. In 1998, the Federal Trade Commission alleged that he deceived investors in two failed startups: My Pet TV and Children's Cable Network. Four years earlier, he was cast out of Nostalgia Network by his backers—including the Unification Church—who accused him of financial mismanagement, such as improperly steering company cash to his attorney.

In announcing Marcovsky's deal with Q Television, the network proclaimed that the executive "joins" to "lead carriage-contract negotiations." Its Web site listed him as chairman, president and CEO. Olsen, however, says Marcovsky just has a 30-day consulting agreement and that the title was a mistake. (It was trimmed from the site shortly after it was pointed out.)

Olsen says he began learning bits of Marcovsky's full background only after hiring him. "I'll ask him about that," Olsen says, adding, "That wasn't in his résumé."

For his part, Marcovsky minimizes his past tangles. Raising the FTC action is a "rehash" of old news, he says. "You're going to say, 'These are the times he's fallen off the bicycle. We don't want to see him get back on his bike.'"

Marcovsky was a prominent target of the FTC's "Project Risky Business" investigation of telemarketing investment pitches. The 1998 complaint charges that he was involved in an operation that raised $16.5 million for a venture backing My Pet TV and Children's Cable Network.

Instead of securing conventional long-term deals with cable operators, the telemarketing operation sold small investors on the idea of getting distribution by buying time on systems' leased-access channels, then trying to sell ad time.

Very little of the cash went into the networks.

Of the $16.5 million raised from investors, the venture paid 65% to the phone sales operation. Another 20% went to Olympic Entertainment Group, the company Marcovsky headed as CEO. Marcovsky denied any wrongdoing but, in 1999, agreed to pay a $172,000 penalty, according to a settlement document.

He says his company wasn't involved in the pitches to investors, only in licensing programming to the partnerships the investors formed.

At Nostalgia, Marcovsky brought in Concept Communications, a company backed by the Unification Church, to invest in the network, aimed at adults 55-plus. During a fight for control, Concept and other major investors began scrutinizing tiny Nostalgia's lavish spending, including a $650,000 payment to Marcovsky's lawyer. At the time, Marcovsky said he was sacked. Today, he says, "I lost a control fight."

So why did Olsen hire Marcovsky to represent him with companies like Comcast, DirecTV and Cox? Marcovsky was recommended by an unnamed TV-industry contact. Olsen tapped Marcovsky after a three-hour meeting. "I learned more from him in three hours than I learned from others in four years," Olsen says.

Now, though, he's re-evaluating his choice, reiterating that Marcovsky's consulting agreement could be canceled within 30 days. Says Olsen, "I don't think he can do too much to me in 30 days."


[This message has been edited by 1BigTip (edited July 11, 2004).]



Posts: 328 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizknock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizknock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kbpkt:
Whiz- Look back at his posts, especially the ones responding to me. Theres no way a managing partner in any firm is that ignorant with such poor English skills.

OuuuuuuuucH!!

------------------
whizknock


Posts: 4363 | From: waldorf,maryland,USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous_lurker
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anonymous_lurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
december 2005

qbid pps-- 10 to 15 cents per share.

bear in mind prospective buyback and carriers domino effect.


Posts: 328 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizknock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizknock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterBessieMama:
Well, here's a weird coincidence for you!
http://print.google.com/print/doc?articleid=WL4B2Qgv7C8
http://print.google.com/print/doc?articleid=dfBlfOS6YpD


Daaaaaamn Baxter!!!

Looks like Sarkice was upping the bid so our "consultant" could show it to Humphrey.
---------------------------------------------------

That the special committee might back an IFE bid is somewhat startling. For months, the 10-member board has been deadlocked on major financial issues, with half supporting Nostalgia chairman Michael That the special committee might back an IFE bid is somewhat startling. For months, the 10-member board has been deadlocked on major financial issues, with half supporting Nostalgia chairman Michael Marcovsky and the other half backing Concept, which has ties the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church and owns 27 % of the company.

A Concept lawyer declined to comment on the new filing. A third bidder, MOR Music TV and its partner, Sarkice Nedder, an Arizona cellular exec, offered to buy at least 54% of the company at $ 2.40 a share last week. But the pairing has not told Nostalgia if it has lined up the financing to pull off the deal.
---------------------------------------------------

------------------
whizknock


Posts: 4363 | From: waldorf,maryland,USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whizknock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whizknock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baxter, Cheryang!

I don't know about you but I'm starting to like Michael Marcovsky. Good work Baxter. I think Cheryang is on to something. Higgins might be owned by Viacom.
---------------------------------------------------

BEN wanted to buy the systems to program its own brand of positive African-American targeted programming, president Michele Clark Jackson said in an interview last week.

The complaint said BEN's potential management team at the end of 2000, was to have included Michael Marcovsky, a former CEO of Nostalgia Network, and Nyhl Henson, the former Nickelodeon general manager and ex-CEO of Country Music Television. The managers had "extensive experience and expertise" in cable and telecommunications, the lawsuit asserted.

Henson did not respond to a call for comment and Marcovsky could not be located by Multichannel News.

Asked about the management team, Jenkins cut off the question, saying those named in the complaint were to be interim management. "They're not the issue. The issue is who we are as a purchaser," Jenkins said.

(Unless I can't read the purchaser was AT&T)

According to the lawsuit, investment bank Nedder, Moore & Associates LLC and Robinson-Humphrey Co. LLC, a subsidiary of Salomon Smith Barney Inc., worked with BEN to arrange financing for the bids.

Copyright © 2003 Reed Business Information
----------------------------------------------------


------------------
whizknock


Posts: 4363 | From: waldorf,maryland,USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill1352
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill1352     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just love looking at my ameritrade streamer on sunday nights

qbid last: .50 high: .57 low: .48
net change: .4918

cmkx last: .40 high: .40 low: .29
net change: .3997

every sunday night it looks like i hit the mother load...lol


Posts: 3651 | From: Algonac, MI. 48001 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glfpimp
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for glfpimp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope that you guys are not relying on the information in this article to make any quick decisions. This guy is just trying to scare everybody away from QTV. He says that nobody is watching? Well we all know that everybodys eyes are watching to see what Q has to offer. He also claims that nobody has picked it up. He is basing this on the fact that there has not been a pr yet. So what, as soon as we get a pr saying that we have signed with anybody this stock is gonna rocket. And you know what, even if Michael Marcovsky has somewhat of a shady past, he knows that he has made mistakes and I know he won't do it again. I mean don't lose hope just because of this guy, he is one small character in this game. Seriously who cares what John Higgins has to say. Bush had a DUI and that could have killed somebody, why don't we compare that to the minimal damage that Marcovsky could have inflicted. Just don't get too worked up over these next two weeks, things will work themselves out. We have waited this long, we can all wait just that much longer!

A Queer Deal
Q Television taps Michael Marcovsky to negotiate cable coverage

By John M. Higgins -- Broadcasting & Cable, 7/12/2004

It took six long years, but gay network Q Television is finally up. Technically speaking. Too bad no one is watching. The Palm Springs, Calif.-based network sends programming to a satellite, where it's available to cable or DBS operators that want to carry it. So far, all have passed.

Q Television, which is composed largely of an eight-hour wheel of old movies and TV reruns, has had a deal with Time Warner Cable for eight months. The catch: It's only a "hunting license." The network has to persuade each local system to take the channel.

That doesn't keep Q Television CEO Frank Olsen from expressing unwavering confidence in his idea, even in the face of competition from Viacom's MTV Networks, which is launching gay channel Logo. Olsen contends that the MTV offering will be too bland to appeal to gays and lesbians. By contrast, Q plans to offer sexier gay films, ones (such as My Girlfriend's Boyfriend) that merit an R-rating.

"I'm not afraid of Viacom," he says. "I don't think Viacom can put real gay television out there."

Such bravado in the face of a mighty competitor isn't the only unusual thing about Q Television. Another is its financial structure. Parent Triangle Multi-Media is a penny-stock company with more than 1.2 billion shares outstanding. (That's almost as many as Viacom.) Triangle stock is trading at 6/10 of a cent per share, which puts the value of the company at around $7 million.

A bigger surprise: Q Television's recent hiring of Michael Marcovsky to handle negotiations with cable operators. Marcovsky is an industry vet who was embroiled in two financial scandals in the past decade. In 1998, the Federal Trade Commission alleged that he deceived investors in two failed startups: My Pet TV and Children's Cable Network. Four years earlier, he was cast out of Nostalgia Network by his backers—including the Unification Church—who accused him of financial mismanagement, such as improperly steering company cash to his attorney.

In announcing Marcovsky's deal with Q Television, the network proclaimed that the executive "joins" to "lead carriage-contract negotiations." Its Web site listed him as chairman, president and CEO. Olsen, however, says Marcovsky just has a 30-day consulting agreement and that the title was a mistake. (It was trimmed from the site shortly after it was pointed out.)

Olsen says he began learning bits of Marcovsky's full background only after hiring him. "I'll ask him about that," Olsen says, adding, "That wasn't in his résumé."

For his part, Marcovsky minimizes his past tangles. Raising the FTC action is a "rehash" of old news, he says. "You're going to say, 'These are the times he's fallen off the bicycle. We don't want to see him get back on his bike.'"

Marcovsky was a prominent target of the FTC's "Project Risky Business" investigation of telemarketing investment pitches. The 1998 complaint charges that he was involved in an operation that raised $16.5 million for a venture backing My Pet TV and Children's Cable Network.

Instead of securing conventional long-term deals with cable operators, the telemarketing operation sold small investors on the idea of getting distribution by buying time on systems' leased-access channels, then trying to sell ad time.

Very little of the cash went into the networks.

Of the $16.5 million raised from investors, the venture paid 65% to the phone sales operation. Another 20% went to Olympic Entertainment Group, the company Marcovsky headed as CEO. Marcovsky denied any wrongdoing but, in 1999, agreed to pay a $172,000 penalty, according to a settlement document.

He says his company wasn't involved in the pitches to investors, only in licensing programming to the partnerships the investors formed.

At Nostalgia, Marcovsky brought in Concept Communications, a company backed by the Unification Church, to invest in the network, aimed at adults 55-plus. During a fight for control, Concept and other major investors began scrutinizing tiny Nostalgia's lavish spending, including a $650,000 payment to Marcovsky's lawyer. At the time, Marcovsky said he was sacked. Today, he says, "I lost a control fight."

So why did Olsen hire Marcovsky to represent him with companies like Comcast, DirecTV and Cox? Marcovsky was recommended by an unnamed TV-industry contact. Olsen tapped Marcovsky after a three-hour meeting. "I learned more from him in three hours than I learned from others in four years," Olsen says.

Now, though, he's re-evaluating his choice, reiterating that Marcovsky's consulting agreement could be canceled within 30 days. Says Olsen, "I don't think he can do too much to me in 30 days."


Posts: 369 | From: MN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaxterBessieMama
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaxterBessieMama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Whizknock,

------------------
Peeper


Posts: 95 | From: Phoenix, AZ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaxterBessieMama
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaxterBessieMama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Whoops)

Hi Whizknock,

The combined resources of this board never ceases to amaze me!

You took the Sarki moniker and extrapolated into Sarkice Nedder and I took it from there and Holy Batman, Markovsky showed up!

The man is certainly connected!

------------------
Peeper


Posts: 95 | From: Phoenix, AZ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbpkt
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbpkt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BBM-
I've made it obvious about my feelings towards Sarki, but I have to admit, although I have no doubt that its not the person who posts here, that is some coincidental stuff you and Whiz turned up. Its good to see someone else still up.

[This message has been edited by kbpkt (edited July 12, 2004).]


Posts: 1120 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaxterBessieMama
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaxterBessieMama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Hi,

Do you mean that any Q owner sleeps on Sunday night?

Bessie keeps asking me, "Mama, is this the week we get new toys and get to go to the beach and chase birds?"

And Mama says, "Little Bessie, the road to the beach from Phoenix passes right through Palm Springs."


quote:
Originally posted by kbpkt:
BBM-
I've made it obvious about my feelings towards Sarki, but I have to admit, although I have no doubt that its not the person who posts here, that is some coincidental stuff you and Whiz turned up. Its good to see someone else still up.

[This message has been edited by kbpkt (edited July 12, 2004).]


------------------
Peeper


Posts: 95 | From: Phoenix, AZ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbpkt
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbpkt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterBessieMama:

Hi,

Do you mean that any Q owner sleeps on Sunday night?

Bessie keeps asking me, "Mama, is this the week we get new toys and get to go to the beach and chase birds?"

And Mama says, "Little Bessie, the road to the beach from Phoenix passes right through Palm Springs."



Well, I wish you luck. Backtracking through my posts, you can see that my opinion about Q has changed. I would love to find a reason to get back in, but right now I don't see one. If you hit it big with Q and I'm wrong, goto San Diego for the beaches (we do have the best beaches; and I promise, it is America's finest city) dinner is on me with many apologies for anything I said negative about Q. For now, I'm still on the sidelines.

[This message has been edited by kbpkt (edited July 12, 2004).]


Posts: 1120 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaxterBessieMama
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaxterBessieMama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what a sweet offer! We're going to Dana Point in August and would love to meet. Do you have any dogs?
Believe me, I've been very worried about the little Q lately. But confluence is a funny thing.

Bessie is poking me for a cuddle. Night, night!


quote:
Originally posted by kbpkt:
Well, I wish you luck. Backtracking through my posts, you can see that my opinion about Q has changed. I would love to find a reason to get back in, but right now I don't see one. If you hit it big with Q and I'm wrong, goto San Diego for the beaches (we do have the best beaches; and I promise, it is America's finest city) dinner is on me with many apologies for anything I said negative about Q. For now, I'm still on the sidelines.

[This message has been edited by kbpkt (edited July 12, 2004).]


------------------
Peeper


Posts: 95 | From: Phoenix, AZ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaxterBessieMama
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaxterBessieMama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS

If "Sarki" is in Tucson, perhaps he and Florence will join us!

------------------
Peeper


Posts: 95 | From: Phoenix, AZ USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbpkt
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbpkt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterBessieMama:
Well, what a sweet offer! We're going to Dana Point in August and would love to meet. Do you have any dogs?
Believe me, I've been very worried about the little Q lately. But confluence is a funny thing.

Bessie is poking me for a cuddle. Night, night!



Although I grew up with dogs, no dog yet... I'm looking for a good deal on an English Bulldog. Anyways, I grew up in Laguna Niguel, which is right next door to Dana Point. If you really do make it out there, let me know. Even though I'm considered a basher, it would be nice to meet another Q investor face to face. Best of luck to you and your family.


Posts: 1120 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneGreater
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneGreater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Frank Olsen of Triangle Multi-Media Limited, Inc. States: There is No Business or Economic Reason for the Current Share Value Decline.


***

Business Editors PALM SPRINGS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--QBID-- Frank Olsen, CEO of Triangle Multi-Media Limited, Inc., (QBID OTC Pink sheets) responding to inquiries by shareholders, advised today that management of the Company knows of no valid business or economic reason for the recent decline in the per share price of the Company's common stock. Olsen went on to say, "All markets suffer from volatility, and this is especially true on the Pink Sheets. Our stock has had a long steady climb over the last six months with a number of peaks and valleys in between. As most of our investors are aware, Triangle management believes it has been a long-time target of short sellers, including large volumes of illegal naked short selling, which over the long haul has been a major contributor as a depressant on the price of our shares. However, also over this period, we have announced some of the most significant achievements in our history, and we believe these bear, to a great degree, in the growth of our share value. "Naked Short Selling" is typical when a wholesale market maker sells shares in the public marketplace that are not held in their inventory, nor are the shares even borrowed from another market maker - and with no intention to obtain the shares or to ever cover the short position. Short sellers sell shares they do not own, but borrow them to protect the transaction and/or eventually cover, or buy in, their short positions. However, with the naked short selling tactics being made against stock, proper procedures are not occurring and thus have resulted in a greatly enlarged, and artificial, public 'float' which subsequently undervalues the quoted price of our stock. This practice is illegal and violates SEC and NASD rules, as well as other state and federal statutes." "It was our expectation that our problems with the short sellers would be reduced, and eventually eliminated, when the SEC and NASD issued new rules and regulations to block illegal activities within short selling. It would appear, however, that as of yet these rules have not been effective, because the short abuses have not stopped. As a matter of fact, it appears in some respect they have only gotten worse. For the past two weeks market makers who appear to be most exposed by the short positions in Triangle stock have extended their illegal activities to selectively excluding the processing of large purchase orders for our stock. We are currently reviewing with legal counsel the steps we can take to deal with these latest activities." Olsen commented, "This illegal activity is making it significantly more costly for Triangle to raise needed working capital, and has quite literally stolen millions of dollars from our market capitalization while the company has made numerous positive accomplishments. Accordingly, we have engaged forensic auditors, and outside legal counsel in Los Angeles familiar with the backroom workings of brokerage firms, to immediately investigate these short selling activities. In addition, we are tracking the trading activity in our stock, by day, by transaction, and by broker; and we are tracking the short positions by broker. Furthermore, a coalition of companies is considering other alternatives to aggressively combat this illegal activity." Olsen concluded, "We have worked too hard to get our Company to where it is today to allow these illegal activities to interfere with funding opportunities and with the market capitalization of Triangle Multi-Media Limited, Inc., and to undermine the ability to enjoy fair market value for QBID stock." Olsen continued, "By way of review, I would like to reiterate some of the major accomplishments that we have communicated to the financial community over the past two months. These include: 1. Our recent negotiations with major cable companies are in the final stages and we expect to make an announcement within a short time. We are acquiring programming at a fast pace and have opened up new avenues of programming acquisition. 2. Our sales and marketing efforts are reality. We have opened an office in New York City and now have sales representation in the major advertising center in the US. Advertiser sales have begun and response to date has been extremely encouraging. 3. Funding - Regarding additional funding, the Company has one firm offer and several pending offers. Senior management visited New York two weeks ago to explore several additional alternatives About Q Television Network This television network was organized to create and develop a network devoted to providing television programming for the gay and lesbian community. While the company expects much of its subscriber base to be comprised of members of the gay and lesbian population, management also believes that quality programming about the gay and lesbian experience, designed to entertain, educate and inform, will attract many other segments of the viewing public. The company's programming will be available on a subscription basis to those desiring its programming. The network will broadcast 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Providing distribution via satellite ensures availability of the network across the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.


Posts: 38 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Az...Cats
Member


Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Az...Cats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's an outstanding and well put PR!!!! You go Frankie. Now if about 10 other Co. that I own stock in would put out the same PR, It would only be up hill. We have to fight these MM's till prosecution. Nice! Nice!
Posts: 192 | From: tucson | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigrod40
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Bigrod40         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I lkie this one!!!!!!!!
Frank must of finished buying back shares...LOL

Posts: 1637 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cdhibd01
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdhibd01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why are these two PR's from 2 different companies exactly the same?
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040510/105440_1.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040712/125344_1.html



Posts: 21 | From: Louisville, KY, US | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevinscott
Member


Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for kevinscott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In regards to the question about the 2 companies having matching P/R's would be this statement in the p/r's:

Furthermore, a coalition of companies is considering other alternatives to aggressively combat this illegal activity."


Thus several companies are working together on the problem (saving resource and working together) - since the problem of Naked Short Selling problem exists with many companies...


Posts: 58 | From: petersburg, VA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BT
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cd, how did you find that. It is ironic but my answer is this.

They did not talk about the company itself, they spoke about the market & short selling in general. Just as if I explained to you short selling and to my friend short selling, I would probably say the same thing to both of you. Not everyone holds QBID, not everyone holds LBTT but the knowledge of naked shorting needed to be addressed.

It's the "accomplishments" of the companies you need to look at.

And to me that PR was excellent.

quote:
Originally posted by cdhibd01:
Why are these two PR's from 2 different companies exactly the same?
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040510/105440_1.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040712/125344_1.html



Posts: 3026 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JayT
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JayT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am ready to enjoy fair market value for this stock, let's go!
Posts: 86 | From: Janesville, WI, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Esteban
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esteban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 1BigTip:
cd, how did you find that. It is ironic but my answer is this.

They did not talk about the company itself, they spoke about the market & short selling in general. Just as if I explained to you short selling and to my friend short selling, I would probably say the same thing to both of you. Not everyone holds QBID, not everyone holds LBTT but the knowledge of naked shorting needed to be addressed.

It's the "accomplishments" of the companies you need to look at.

And to me that PR was excellent.


I thought Deveney was going to release all of QBID's PR.
Are they still with us?
Steve


Posts: 259 | From: Rogers, AR | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonnydbar
Member


Member Rated:
5
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonnydbar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
excellent pr, and we are still listed on Deveny web site client list, along with Direct TV and some other fine companies. Maybe Frank thought it best to have this PR stand out as a personal message from him?http://www.deveney.com/work/client_list.asp?id=14

[This message has been edited by sonnydbar (edited July 12, 2004).]


Posts: 696 | From: Amish Country, PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mullocco
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mullocco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JayT:
I am ready to enjoy fair market value for this stock, let's go!

whats the fair market value for this stock


Posts: 86 | From: ger | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JayT
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JayT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the million dollar question, but my take from the PR is that Frank's telling the world that QBID is at bargain basement prices..
Posts: 86 | From: Janesville, WI, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emunahstock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for emunahstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A PR like this doesn't make the stock go up. If you go to criminals and tell them, shame shame... are they going to give you your money back? Frank promised us info and carriers, we are still waiting for this. Holding only 300,000 shares now down from a million.
Posts: 973 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevinscott
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevinscott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but if I told the world that we know you are doing it and we (a coaltion of companies) are working in great detail (transaction by transaction) to prove it...the party could be over for them)... CMKX, QBID, LBTT and others I'm assuming are working to prove it. The trades are already written in stone so there is no back-tracking and could be difficulf for MM's to cover up.
Posts: 58 | From: petersburg, VA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emunahstock
Member


Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for emunahstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but frank can't blame mm's on this mess. We are still waiting for concrete info from him. He has failed 3x's before. Of course they are going to short him, its only logical. If he wants the price to go up, then tell us in a PR, "I have a carrier", "I have the financing"


Posts: 973 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
realityinc21
Member


Member Rated:
4
Icon 1 posted      Profile for realityinc21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GOOD MORNING ALL,

EXCELLANT INFORMATION AND DD. ALL PROS AND CONS PRESENTED. GREAT WAY TO BALANCE OUR DECISIONS. I REMAIN HOLDING ON THE WAIT AND SEE BASES.

I STILL BELIEVE IN THE CONCEPT OF THE GAY/LESBIAN TV NETWORK. I DO BELIEVE THE SIGNAL IS OUT THERE.

HIRING NEW PEOPLE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE TO NEGOCIATE CONTRACTS (SHADY PAST) BUT CONSISTANTLY LAUNCHED NETWORKS IS A SMART MOVE. OBVIOUSLY FRANK CAN NOT DO IT ALL.

I HAVE THE TOTAL PICTURE--THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT DD. I CHOOSE TO HOLD ON A SITUATION BY SITUATION BASIS.

OPTIMISTICALLY SEEING THE GLASS HALF FULL.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL HOLDING Q TELEVISION NETWORK.

------------------
DIANA


Posts: 4447 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 48 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  46  47  48   

Post New Topic  New Poll  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

© 1997 - 2019 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share