I appreciate all the information. Please post the catalyst that brings you to this summation. For one to just post a company, and no information is like posting a car for sale and no picture. Post info. Thanks fellas.
Posts: 4381 | From: houston | Registered: Mar 2006
| IP: Logged |
HGSI * $3.40 - Phase 3 Lupus news to be released early Monday. Analysts say that positive results could shoot the stock to over $15. Shaping up to move like DNDN did back in March after their prostate cancer drug, PROVENGE, had positive P3 results. DNDN ran from $2.60 to $23 today.
Posts: 346 | Registered: Jan 2004
| IP: Logged |
The following is a list of 5 FDA decisions with bullish options sentiment.
To create the list, we started with a universe of biotech stocks that have FDA decisions scheduled over the next month. We then narrowed down the list to focus on the top 5 stocks in terms of the Put/Call ratio (based on open options positions).
In other words, all of these stocks have large call option open interest relative to put option open interest, i.e. more bullish options sentiment, ahead of these FDA decisions.
FDA calendar data sourced from RTT News, options data sourced from Schaeffer's.
1. Ista Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISTA): FDA action on once-daily XiDay as a treatment for ocular inflammation and pain following cataract surgery scheduled for October 16. Call open interest at 360 contracts vs. put open interest at 26 contracts (Put/Call ratio at 0.07). ISTA expects sales from its Xibrom franchise, including XiDay, to be in the range of $95 million to $105 million.
2. Alexza Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXA): FDA decision on AZ-004 for the rapid treatment of agitation in patients with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder scheduled for October 11. Call open interest at 8,855 contracts vs. put open interest at 2,158 contracts (Put/Call ratio at 0.24). AZ-004 sales could reach $272 million by 2015, according to Piper Jaffray analyst Edward Tenthoff.
3. BIODEL INC (BIOD): FDA decision on VIAject for treatment of diabetes scheduled for October 30. Call open interest at 2,321 contracts vs. put open interest at 684 contracts (Put/Call ratio at 0.29).
4. Alkermes, Inc. (ALKS): FDA decision on Vivitrol for additional indication as a treatment of opioid dependence scheduled for October 12. Call open interest at 15,997 contracts vs. put open interest at 6,770 contracts (Put/Call ratio at 0.42). The drug is already approved in the U.S. and Russia for the treatment of alcohol dependence.
5. VIVUS INC (VVUS): FDA decision on Qnexa for the treatment of obesity scheduled for October 28. Call open interest at 87,655 contracts vs. put open interest at 42,128 contracts (Put/Call ratio at 0.48). Sales could peak $1.16 billion by 2015, according to Jefferies & Co. analyst.
BIOD only one interesting me right now in that list. Today, Call/Put ratio is about even. Share price has dropped about $2 in last 2-3 weeks; Currently sitting at 4.15. ((FDA decision on VIAject for treatment of diabetes scheduled for October 30))
Celldex Therapeutics to Hold Conference Call on November 22, 2010 at 8:30 am to Review Rindopepimut ACT III Data Presented at the SNO Meeting
Companies:Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. Press Release Source: Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. On Wednesday November 17, 2010, 8:00 am EST
NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CLDX - News) will review data on Monday, November 22, 2010 from the rindopepimut (CDX-110) ACT III study that will be presented at the Annual Scientific Meeting of The Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Celldex executives will host a conference call at 8:30 am Eastern Time. Rose Lai, M.D., Assistant Professor of Neurology in the Division of Neuro-Oncology, Department of Neurology, Columbia University Medical Center, will join the call. Dr. Lai is a leading investigator in the ACT III, Phase 2 study of rindopepimut in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).
The conference call and presentation will be webcast live over the Internet and can be accessed by logging on to the “Presentations” page of the “Investors” section of the Celldex website at www.celldextherapeutics.com. The call can also be accessed by dialing 866-730-5770 (within the United States) or 857-350-1594 (outside the United States). The passcode for participants is 76849635.
A replay of the call will be available approximately two hours after the live call concludes through December 5, 2010. To access the replay, dial 888-286-8010 (within the United States) or 617-801-6888 (outside the United States). The passcode is 70523463. The webcast will also be archived on the Company’s website.
About Celldex Therapeutics, Inc.
Celldex Therapeutics is the first antibody-based combination immunotherapy company. Celldex has a pipeline of drug candidates in development for the treatment of cancer and other difficult-to-treat diseases based on its antibody focused Precision Targeted Immunotherapy Platform. The PTI Platform is a complementary portfolio of monoclonal antibodies, antibody-targeted vaccines and immunomodulators used in optimal combinations to create novel disease-specific drug candidates. For more information, please visit http://www.celldextherapeutics.com.