They have a few things in the works such as Pimavanserin as a Co-Therapy for Schizophrenia, Pimavanserin as a Treatment for Alzheimerís Disease Psychosis and Phase III program in Parkinsonís disease psychosis and a couple others. As Acadia nears 3rd quarter we'll start hearing more aboout how their phase III studies are going leaving some time to do some decent DD.
As of March 1, 2012, 52,903,450 shares of the registrantís common stock, $0.0001 par value, were outstanding.
I've watched too many little pharms lose 90% of their value in an afternoon to want to hold near a test results date.
That's a big Beta though. I agree...still too risky to dip now but might show a good side after she solidifies for a while prior to expected trial reports.
I would NOT want to be holding when those reports come out though...just in case.
I think her timing is going to be off for me with my current portfolio expectations but I will put her on a watch list just in case.
Yes, the idea is to ride (up we hope) and get out before the results are out, leaving a few freebies in if desired. I'll have to look at the dates again. Double bottom here @ 1.50 from last week but I've had my eyes on the 200dma @ 1.42 now. Looks like it could set up to bounce off the 1.50 but i think they have a spell of dilution holding it back. I'm getting better with my patience though I tend to miss many because I dont take the risk or i get so sidetracked I simply can't watch.
I have found pharma companies are way risky to trade. I like volatility but more consistent. Do you think it is worth the risk being so unpredictable?
[ April 20, 2012, 06:09: Message edited by: Bob Frey ]
quote:Originally posted by Frank C: I have found pharma companies are way risky to trade. I like volatility but more consistent. Do you think it is worth the risk being so unpredictable?
Bio's become more volatile as they get closer to some form of results or updates on their products. Depends on your risk tolerance really. And your style of trading. I'm a swing trader, so when the chart says the risk is worth it for MY tolerance I buy. I use this strategy for any stock, not just bio's. When I make a certain % or the chart says time to go i'm out and moving on to the next until it sets up again. Loss or gain. Rinse and repeat. If you've followed this thread from the beginning I did NOT post a buy recommendation - I said WATCH. Eyes are on the 200dma to see if support holds. I am not an investment advisor, people need to do their own research and make their own decisions.
nice dip and recovery yesterday for ACAD. Took a small chunk but still cautious.