Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

» Allstocks.com's Bulletin Board » Questions, Comments and Suggestions about Allstocks.com » Some moderators are going too far! » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

 

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused   BadOne  
Good Luck   More Crap   Wall Bang   Were Up   Were Down    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options


Disable Graemlins in this post.


 


T O P I C     R E V I E W
ridethewave  - posted
I don't know how some people are given moderator status. They keep deleting genuine threads w/o any reason and not even telling why they are doing it. I am frustrated. I know who is doing this stupid job spoiling other moderators reputation but I don't want to reveal his name yet. But just plain frustrated since some are abusing their powers
 
ridethewave  - posted
Next time the genuine threads are deleted, I have to report that abuser's name to administrator
 
MoneyMoneyMoney  - posted
I would be curious to know who all the Mods are.
 
ridethewave  - posted
I am pretty sure there are a bunch. There are good & knowledgible ones like Juice who does excellent work to inform the public with good info. (ex. the PR thread that he updates every day) There are people like *** who are arrogant and abusive
 
DDA  - posted
You're shooting from the hip. I disagree on your statements.
 
10of13  - posted
I don't think that JUICE is a Mod...could be wrong...but "we" aren't really suppose to "know" who the mods are...Are we?

What threads are getting deleted? all this talk of deleting stuff...I am very confused?
 
Upside  - posted
Posted by 10 of 13:
quote:
What threads are getting deleted? all this talk of deleting stuff...I am very confused?
I think ridethewave is confused as well. I've seen portions of threads deleted when personal attacks took over, that's right and proper. The only full threads I've seen deleted are redundant ones where a current thread on the same topic already exists. They're not deleted though, they're locked and the mod usually posts a link to the existing thread.
 
10of13  - posted
Agreed Up...posts of personal "attacks" should be deleted..and the "threads that I have noticed..might get "moved" or locked..but I don't see whole threads...being deleted...

But there was one...XKEM...but that was some type of "tech glitch"...
 
MTPromises  - posted
10, I remember that happening with XKEM. Was that the reason Bob asked to start a new thread for FHAL? - to make sure the original thread could get locked and not have the a "tech glitch" occur and leave use without all that DD?
 
ruskin_muskin  - posted
IMO some people just ask for personal attacks. if they dont like a stock, then there are civilised ways to express negative opinions on the stock. constant badgering of people based on their past stock selections, getting personal and preaching "I told you so" goes a bit too far in this message board.. however, some excellent posters on this board keeps me interested in visiting this board.. especially PR thread started by JUICE.. also, I think the "deleting" part goes disproportionate based on who has posted the message!
 
10of13  - posted
quote:
Originally posted by MTPromises:
10, I remember that happening with XKEM. Was that the reason Bob asked to start a new thread for FHAL? - to make sure the original thread could get locked and not have the a "tech glitch" occur and leave use without all that DD?

that's my understanding...
 
10of13  - posted

 
DEAN_Stock  - posted
quote:
Originally posted by 10of13:
quote:
Originally posted by :

So much for the "engagement"...Bad!
NONO! i didnt sleep with her, it was couple of us too...no worries, im not like that. All i said was i stayed there thats it.

im a good guy KAT!
 
10of13  - posted
RM..that was my impression as well..and last week..I was in the middle of a "disagreement" with someone...and "this poster" started her "attacks"...I did not "attack" back...there were several posts that were made by her...and when i got up the next morning...low and behold...her posts were deleted...

the mods seem to "let" things go just so far...and I am seeing that as long as the other poster..isn't attacking back...the "attack posts" get deleted...
 
ridethewave  - posted
All I did was to start a thread called PAIM (preferred shares). Since lot of us got preferred shares of PAIM. Lot of us have questions on what to do with the preferred shares that we received and it is very difficult to get info. from the other thread that talks about common stock only. It got locked by one of the moderators not even telling me about it and I got p'ed
 
Bob Frey  - posted
Might try sending an email to the webmaster with a link to the thread and tell them what you said in the last post.
 
T e x  - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ridethewave:
All I did was to start a thread called PAIM (preferred shares). Since lot of us got preferred shares of PAIM. Lot of us have questions on what to do with the preferred shares that we received and it is very difficult to get info. from the other thread that talks about common stock only. It got locked by one of the moderators not even telling me about it and I got p'ed

rtw, here's a link that may shed some light...

http://www.allstocks.com/stockmessageboard/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/13 /t/000130.html#000000

basically, we try to minimize "dupe" and "spin-off" threads...

eg, you see a need for "Paim Preferred Shares"; someone else may like the idea of "PAIM--TA Mising in Action?"; someone else may wanna create "PAIM: Elvira's links to Dom"....

see what I mean? Given "free rein," the board would quickly become so full--ie, "topic-bound"--that not only would finding info become a chore, but also bandwidth could be strained.

The longstanding exception re "dupes": one thread in appropriately titled threads (eg "under .10," "Focus on NASDAQ," etc, with another thread, same ticker in "Hot Stocks" forum.

In your case, I believe I handled the PAIM dupe...sometimes there's simply too much going on for a mod to personally contact everyone involved. Rest assured, it was nothing personal...

Best,

-- tex
 
T e x  - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ridethewave:
I am pretty sure there are a bunch. There are good & knowledgible ones like Juice who does excellent work to inform the public with good info. (ex. the PR thread that he updates every day) There are people like *** who are arrogant and abusive

o my!

a 3-letter ID who's a mod?

who could that be? [Eek!]
 
Peaser  - posted
Guess it ain't Bubba.

Besides, I believe Tex to be an honest individual and does all he can to help folks out.

He is a good example of what a mod should do and causes no conflicts between himself and the fiduciary responsibilites of the site owners.

[ August 05, 2006, 20:25: Message edited by: Peaser ]
 
Relentless.  - posted
Yup, *** was a wise choice for mod.
******** has turned out nicely as well.
 
ridethewave  - posted
ok tex.. i see that you are a nice person and I respect that. I just got little frustrated that i got locked out that's all. But I am cool now since i understand that it's usual practice in this board to save bandwidth. All I should have done yesterday is to take a nice cold beer to keep me straight:-)
 
Munchkin Man  - posted
Greetings To All:

The Munchkin Man has a question.

How does the Munchkin Man go about the process of applying to become a Moderator?

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man
 
Relentless.  - posted
Moderators are required to have thumbs, No webbing between toes, no tail, atleast seven teeth.
Sadly Munchy you have failed on all fronts.
 
MagicK  - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin Man:
Greetings To All:

The Munchkin Man has a question.

How does the Munchkin Man go about the process of applying to become a Moderator?

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

You can probably best answer that question by asking your self, your self...your self...your self.
 
T e x  - posted
quote:
Originally posted by ridethewave:
ok tex.. i see that you are a nice person and I respect that. I just got little frustrated that i got locked out that's all. But I am cool now since i understand that it's usual practice in this board to save bandwidth. All I should have done yesterday is to take a nice cold beer to keep me straight:-)

lol, a nice cool one...

oops, that reminds me--time to hit the corner store [Big Grin]
 
OILDOG  - posted
Multiple threads for the same stock a lot of times can indicate pumping/scamming frenzy,or... laziness,or (recent example)..a new thread for each subsequent thought the(same)poster had!! Iritating.
 



Contact Us | Allstocks.com Message Board Home

© 1997 - 2013 Allstocks.com. All rights reserved.

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

Share